Natural Birth

r/p Dominic is here!

Dominic Shayne was born on Tuesday @ 1:37am weighing in at 6lbs 6.5oz and 20 inches long and man did he cry when he was born!   Strong little guy!!

Contractions started on Monday morning, but I wrote them off as the same braxton hicks I've been having...   throughout the day, I became suspicious that is was either pre-labour symptoms are very early labour because they were increasing in regularity - by bedtime they were about 5 minutes a part....  for the rest of the birth story, I just want to say that in my defense my other 2 L&D's were much longer and and harder and I just didn't recognize labour when it slapped me in the face!

At 10pm, we went to bed - contrax. slowed down to 10 min., but increased in intensity.   I decided to wait it out even though we live 1 hour from the hospital.  Well, at 11:30pm - we called my Mom to come over "just in case" we need to go to the hospital (to watch our other children).    The contractions were starting to become painful, so I took a bath.  Mom gets to our place - I get out the tub and holy cow!  It was time to GO!!   By the time we get into the van (we have a mini-van...), the contractions were 4 - 5 minutes a part - but, I could still easily breathe/vocalize through them.  Half way to the hospital - they increased to 1 - 2 minutes a part and were very hard to breathe through..... about 20 minutes from the hospital - they were 1 min. a part and I had to fight every impulse in my body NOT to bear down and push.   We get to the hospital (1:05am) and I tell them I need to push --- the nurses say I need to wait for the dr. and that they need to check me.  So, she checks me and I'm 10cm!  I honestly didn't think I would be, because with my last L&D's I always had an early urge, so I thought for sure I was only 5 or 6cm. 

Luckily, I did okay and breathed/vocalized/tried my best to project pain onto DH (he had to tell me "no biting").   I was starting to push and the Dr. gets there (he's really nice), so I continue on my merry way....   I did start to panic a little (I was also having lovely flashbacks from L&D#'s 1&2), so I took the laughing gas, which relaxed me.    It took about 5 pushes and a 1st degree tear to get Dominic out....... my fastest time!  

We're doing great...the girls' love him (although, Olivia has on occassion asked if we can sell him).

Re: r/p Dominic is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"