Detroit Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

I would really love to know the pros of this place and any cons that you might have experienced.

thanks!

Re: Anyone deliver at Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

• Options

I honestly don't think I can come up w/ any cons!  Besides being GORGEOUS, the staff was AMAZING.  Seriously- AMAZING.  It felt like everyone went out of their way to be nice.  It was also nice to stay in 1 room instead of delivering in a room & then being transferred to the post-partum wing.  Oh & the anestheologist was awesome (the one who did my epidural @ Troy Beaumont when I had Roman was a total A$$).

I'd say the only con was that DH was supposed to pay for his own food @ mealtime.  However, we kinda got around that by me ordering "extra".  He only ended up paying once because he got an extra pizza (they were sorta smallish).  Oh & another time he should have had to pay but they looked the other way.  :P  The food was super good, too.

• Options

I am delivering there and I've been to the triage twice for various things (nothing serious). The nurses and the midwife I saw once were great. I never felt like I was being rushed. The triage is great because it's not like any ER where you could be there for hours. I got in right away, was examined immediately (as opposed to sitting in an exam room for a half hour waiting), and out of there in 30 minutes. The only con for us is that it's about a 35 minute drive now that we've moved.

They have all sorts of things to help you through labor--yoga balls, birthing bar, jacuzzi tubs in the room...and the food is really good. We tried some at the open house they had in June. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had DS1 at Huron Valley Sinai and delivered DS2 at Henry Ford W.B. in November.

They did not compare......I LOVED Huron Valley. I did not have a horrible experience at Henry Ford, but they had some "kinks" to work out.

PM me privately and I can tell you more!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"