Natural Birth

How far along should u be when...

you start taking birthing classes?  I thought people dont usually take them until they are like 7 months along but I have no clue.  when should I start?  What are the best ones to take?  thanks

Re: How far along should u be when...

• I started mine at 28 weeks. I am 33 weeks now and just finished. You could do them a little later, but I like to do things earlier rather than later. I took the class offered by the hospital that I will be delivering at. It was really great because it was taught by a delivery nurse from the hospital who knew about all the hospital policies and procedures, what equipment is available, and what to expect.
  • I started mine at 21 weeks since we are taking Bradley which is a 12 week class.  It depends on the class you want to take when you should start.  Regardless, research and sign up early so you are sure to get a spot.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  •  

Depends on what class you are taking...how long the class is and how much home practice is involved and how disciplined you are. 

we started our class at 31 weeks...it is a 6 week Hypnobabies course. Due to the amount of daily practice, I think it is working out well for us to take the course later so it is fresh in our minds and we don't forget the information. If we had started earlier, we might have stopped the same consistency of practicing. I did get the CD's early and did them about 5x/week before the class started.  There are 3 couples in my class and we all have our guess dates within 2 weeks of each other.

• There really is no "best" class to take, you need to research the different methods and decide which you feel is a good fit with what you want your birth to be.  We are taking Bradley, which like PP mentioned is 12 weeks.  We started around 24 weeks, but had researched and signed up much earlier than that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"