Georgia Babies

NBR: Wolfmountain wedding

My sister just got engaged and I get to help plan it since she has no interest in the planning stuff.  Anyone ever been to a wedding at Wolfmountain Vineyards or had your own wedding there? Are there hotels very close?  Any information that you all can give me before I call would help me out.

Re: NBR: Wolfmountain wedding

• We have friends that got married there. Beautiful wedding in early Oct. The food was amazing, the wine was good. Plenty of room for everyone to wonder around since they built the lower tasting room. The wedding had about 90 guest's and at times (cutting the cake, first "dance" on the upper deck, with a band playing) it got tight. That was the only thing really. Other than that it was amazing. We stayed in Dawsonville at my IL's it's about 15 min away. So there are plenty of places to stay. 

The MOST beautiful wedding we have been to in N.Ga was at a place called CHOTA. 

https://www.chotafalls.com/weddingpackages.htm

The bridal suite and home on the property you can stay at make it so much fun and the site is just amazing. Guest's can stay at hotels about 10 min away there too. GL 

The website looks kinda dinky but, it is worth a trip up to see it in person. AMAZING! Just another idea. Congrats to your sister. What an exciting time for sure.  

• maykatmaykat member
    My friend was married there and it was one of the most beautiful weddings.  We all stayed at Big Canoe and took buses there for the wedding.
  • Loading the player...
  • No info on Wolf Mountain.  I second Chota Falls!! My sister got married there and it was breathtaking!!!  They are great to work with.
  • K&P414K&P414 member

A friend of mine got married at Wolfmountain and it was great.  We stayed at a hotel that I think was less than 10 mins away but we had bus transportation to/from the wedding.  I'm not sure if it was coordinated w/ the Vineyard or the hotel though.  I remember my friend saying that Wolfmountain was awesome to work with so def. give them a call!

• I know there is a Holiday Inn in Dahlonega just down from hospital (we delivered there). Check with some of the cabin rental places, I bet they'd offer some good group rates. And I bet there are Inns all over the area. I am pretty sure I shot there when I worked for Gene Ho, but that was ten years ago. If it is the same place- it was stunning. I remember vineyards with mountains in the background. 
  • My bff got married there.  It is beautiful!  We all stayed at some shady Motel 8-type place because it was really one of the only options if I remember.  It was actually fine, but it isn't nice.  I would say the hotel was maybe 10 minutes from Wolf Mountain.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"