Natural Birth

Bradley classes and insurance ?

The wording in my insurance policy is a little vague- it sounds to me like it could be covered, but I'll have to call tomorrow.

Has anyone's insurance covered all or part of your Bradley classes?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bradley classes and insurance ?

• My insurance won't cover it, but my FSA plan (flexible spending) will reimburse for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know if mine will, but I do plan on submitting a claim for it.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Mine did not cover it, but we did get reimbursed from our FSA.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• same as other pps, we got reimbursed from FSA.
  • It never occurred to me that it might be covered, but now I will look into it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Some of the cost of the childbirth class we took when I was pg with my DS was covered by our insurance at the time (though it wasn't a Bradley class). Definitely call and ask!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Nope, mine did not.
  • Insurance will not for me, but FSA will reimburse some or all of the Bradley class. We will submit for 100% reimbursement, but I have heard of people who had to "itemize" each session and only birthing-specific sessions are covered. Nutition, BFing, and infant care are not.
  • I submitted mine to Blue Cross (my insurance) and we got $90 back from them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"