Special Needs

DS has to see a pediatic neurologist

DS had 3 febrile seizures in the span of 5 hours last week while we were visiting family out of state.   He had the 1st at the house, the 2nd one at the small rural hospital ER and the 3rd right after he was admitted to the peds unit in the hospitall an hour away.    He stayed for 2 nights and had an EEG which was normal but not the most accurate reading since he wouldn't stay still and I wound up having to hold him in order for them to complete the test.

He had a follow-up with his pedi on Monday who wants him to see a neurologist since he had multiple seizures and there is a family history of seizures(I had febrile ones plus my aunt and cousin take seizure meds)

We had an appt for Sept but they called me and are able to see him next week.

How should I prepare for this appt?   I wrote down everything that happened so I don't forget any details.   I made a list of when he hit milestones(crawling, walking, talking etc)   He was in EI for an oral language delay but is being discharged.   I don't have the new reports yet for the developmental profile that his therapist just did showing that he was at or above age level in every area.    They are sending them to me ASAP.    The hospital is faxing his records to the dr.     

Am I forgetting anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS has to see a pediatic neurologist

• sounds like you got it covered pretty good.  Can you have the hospital he went to forward his records for  your appointment?
  • Review what his movements were like during the seizures, the length of the seizures, and his behavior before and after. They will probably ask about all of that. 

Best wishes for a good appt! 

• Loading the player...
  • REOMREOM member

They will ask you how long each seizure lasted, was he breathing, what were his eyes doing. They will also ask if he had any medication beforehand and how he was acting- meaning was he acting 'off' at all. Also, how was he when he came out of it, groggy, crying, etc.

Good luck! If you need a neuro rec, let me know, I am in NJ too :)

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"