South Florida Babies

Busy Day Today!

I had my 28 week appt today.  We did the glucose test, but I won't get the results until Monday or Tuesday.  We also had an ultrasound and I got to see our little girl, again.  She's weighing about 2.5 pounds.  Then, we met with Dr. K.  We didn't talk in detail about L&D, but he said he was pretty much open to doing whatever I wanted as long as it didn't involve fire (seems like there was an issue with some aromatherapy candles, lol).  

After that.... I went to visit my AP at his new school.  He was just promoted to principal of another charter school and he asked me if I would be interested in being his reading coach.  His new school is a K-12th and he knows that my passion is really at the elementary level and that I've always wanted to go back.  It would be a lateral move and the school is near Homestead, but it's about the same distance I drive now anyway.  As long as I can keep my sick days/maternity leave, salary, etc., I think I'll take it.  The only difference is that I'd have to teach 1 period, but I may have had to do that anyway at my current school since that's a new mandate for reading coaches county-wide anyway.   

It's kind of crazy b/c this past school year was my first school year at my current school, we just moved, we're having a baby, and now a new school, again!   Technically, it's the same job and I'd be with the little ones, again, and now I have the middle/high experience under my belt, too.  Talk about changes!!!  I guess I'll know for sure next week when the details are worked out and I'll be MIA then b/c I'd start right away at the new school next week.  I'm nervous but excited at the same time!

Re: Busy Day Today!

• Wow, you did have a busy day..  But sounds like they are all positive changes.. :)

Good luck with decision to move schools.

• Oh wow!  What a day.  Congrats on the offer... it is always flattering to know others appreciate your job.  One thing to take into consideration (which I'm sure you have) is the quality of the students in the school - compare it to your current school.

GL w/ the decision!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"