Blended Families
Options

It does not feel good to have CPS in your house.

I hate this. I am a mess right now. SD's BM called CPS on my DH for something so ludicrous. I just can't believe it. They had to take pictures of my children...I feel so violated and angry.

I can't wait for August 20th. My life will (somewhat) go back to normal or it could totally go to hell in a hand basket....FML.

Chuck (married 06/18/05) Caroline Reese 10/19/06 Charlie 12/11/09 Hailey 02/10/97 (SD)

Re: It does not feel good to have CPS in your house.

• Options

I totally agree with you. BM called CPS on my DH a few months ago saying that we allow SS 8 years old to play with himself. Hello WTF? That was news to us. Then when we asked SS about what was going on he said BM was crazy. Now my DH actually has to call CPS on BM because of what is going on. The kids are with us for our summer vacation week with them and they decided to tell me and DH last night that BM has been hitting them. There are no brusies that we can see but the oldest SS-10 years old started crying and said that he is afraid of BM. And he is just NOT like that.

Good luck with you NOLA! Hope everything turns out the way you need it to.

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The day you deliver, outside will be fair. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 44 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 4 pounds, 1 ounces, and will be 22-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and some brown hair.
  • Options
    Thank you, Mommie :)
    Chuck (married 06/18/05) Caroline Reese 10/19/06 Charlie 12/11/09 Hailey 02/10/97 (SD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNOLAbride0605:

You're very welcome. Your kids are very cute by the way!!

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The day you deliver, outside will be fair. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 44 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 4 pounds, 1 ounces, and will be 22-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and some brown hair.
  • Options
    Think of it this way. If the charges are in fact bogus, then you have nothing at all to worry about. Be grateful that you have a CPS that takes this seriously enough to investigate them, and find out the truth. They are doing their jobs, and in the big picture that is a very good thing.

I am sorry you are going through this but it will pass.
  • Options
    imagemommie-to-be-0809:

imageNOLAbride0605:

You're very welcome. Your kids are very cute by the way!!

Thank you, again :) I don't want this to affect them or involve them anymore. I am just not sure what to do...

• Options

imageparis.inthe.spring:
    Think of it this way. If the charges are in fact bogus, then you have nothing at all to worry about. Be grateful that you have a CPS that takes this seriously enough to investigate them, and find out the truth. They are doing their jobs, and in the big picture that is a very good thing.

Thank you, Paris. The allegations are completely bogus and unfounded. The CPS guy was very interested in knowing about the upcoming court proceedings. It broke my heart watching him take pictures of our 3 year old and 7 month old. Crying

• Options
    It's hard. We went through all of this about 2 years ago when my nephews BM called CPS on BIL. BIL and nephew live with us. I had just had my son, my SS was there, and nephew. Everyone was interviewed individually and a walk through was done. Nothing of course came of it. I'm glad someone was at least doing their job.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options

imageMissSusieQ:
    It's hard. We went through all of this about 2 years ago when my nephews BM called CPS on BIL. BIL and nephew live with us. I had just had my son, my SS was there, and nephew. Everyone was interviewed individually and a walk through was done. Nothing of course came of it. I'm glad someone was at least doing their job.

Thanks, MissSusie. I am also glad that they are doing their job but there is no work for them in this house... I don't think anything will come of this. He mentioned something to that affect before he left.

• Options
    imageNOLAbride0605:

imageMissSusieQ:

Thanks, MissSusie. I am also glad that they are doing their job but there is no work for them in this house... I don't think anything will come of this. He mentioned something to that affect before he left.

I understand. There was no work for them at our house either, but for my nephews sake I'm glad they looked into it and it actually showed how foolish the BM is/was.

Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options

How does CPS in some areas have time and priority to investigate bogus allegations, but it takes three years of hounding, photographs, videos, police reports, etc to get them investigate our BM's living conditions, but they'll investigate DH (before we were married) to make sure he was not still living in his old house after it flooded? I just don't understand them sometimes. WTF.

Be glad your CPS branch has time (or takes the time) to follow up on things. But still, if everything if bogus, then there is nothing to worry about other than being super pissed. Your children are young enough that they likely won't remember any of this in the future.

• Options

imageparis.inthe.spring:

This.  CPS was called on DD re: the short ones last month.  They (shorties) are back in the house after three days.  The ex, who has been barely involved in their lives and has Parkinsons/seizures/memory loss, is charged with supervising them; I, who raised the kiddo from six months, am not allowed to know anything because I'm "trying to steal her child/ren from her" (sometimes just the kiddo, sometimes both but always the kiddo).

Glad they checked, wish it could have been more.  And I may be the one who has to call them tomorrow or Tuesday on my own daughter, who either still needs a kick in the pants to straighten up and fly right, or the kiddo is lying and trying to get her in trouble.  (My DH, who pretty good at reading people, thinks there is truth to the story.  But he's also prejudiced against DD and totally wrapped around DD's pinky finger, which may cloud his judgment a tad.  Maybe, but not likely.)

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"