Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

a little vent (insurance people bother me!!)

so i get a letter today...saying...DEAR MOM TO BE from my insurance..offering me this $50 gift card blah blah...

they also CALLED me two days after my d&c and i told them i lost the baby and i wasnt interested in their junk....i was a bit rude...

so they sent me this junk in the mail...so i call them and explain why i am not interested (AGAIN!) then...the lady says "that is a general letter..it gets sent to everyone" I said..." oh really? how many MEN have you sent it to then?" i continue to explain that it has been 2 months since my loss and i feel i have moved on..but things like this set me back..if they continue to harass me i will call a lawyer..that it is emotional distress and its illegal..she says she is very sorry and will take me off their list...

I then said..further more...if i were a more recent loss..something like this would have broken me down to tears..instead it made me angry...I feel bad for anyone who suffers a loss..youre company needs to look at what they are sending out and to whom...thank you and have a nice day...and i hung up...

I would hate for someone who had a more recent loss to get a letter like that...instead it made me angry..and not even angry for me...but it made me think of all the people who had a recent loss...

anywho...i feel better now that i vented...and i may have been rude to her...but atleast i got my point across..it only took two phone calls and a letter from them...GEESH!

Re: a little vent (insurance people bother me!!)

• Insurance companies are freaking something, aren't they??? On Monday, I recieved two things in the mails from my insurance company. One was the EOB stating that they approved the "Induced Abortion, by Dilation and Evacuation" (did they really have to call it that???????????)

The other was a letter from the "Healthy Beginnings" maternity program, letting me know that I should begin feeling my baby move "any day now" and that in just a few short weeks, we would find out if we were having a boy or a girl.... I totally lost it.

Insurance companies suck Angry

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Insurance people svuck sometimes. I think my blood pressure rises evertime i see something from my insurance in the mail.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Ughh.. I know, what jerks!! Why do you have to get angry and frustrated with people for them to understand. I don't get it! I broke down in tears the DAY I came home from having Addyston and the healthy beginnings program nurse called me to check on me and see what we were having etc... I know it wasn't her fault, but obviously the ins. company knows what happened...they pay the bills!
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Do you have UNited Health Care (healthy prengnacy program)?

Seriously, they did that to me and they called to check on my pregnancy 4wks AFTER I gave birth. After I broke down crying I yelled at the woman and she apologized but seriously as an insurance company and further more MY insurance company shouldn't you have ON FILE that I am no longer pregnany?

These companys have some serious revamping to do.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• I know how you feel, my insurance called me last week asking how my labor and delivery went. I told them I didn't want to talk about it because my baby passed away. The lady pressed on asking if my baby was born or if I had a miscarriage. I couldn't believe she was asking me that, if she checked her records she would see that my baby was in the NICU for 2 months. So he was obviously born. I can't understand how an insurance company who processes and pays bills can't coordinate with different departments to avoid hurting its customers. I'm sorry this happened to you but just a bit of warning, they might call again because they've called me multiple times even after I told them I didn't want to talk.
  • i have blue cross/blue shield of MN...

and honestly...they just dont get it...you'd think since they pay a bazillion % of my bill...thank god..or i'd be even more BROKE then i already am...lol...but still...they should look at this stuff...not be calling and sending me mail about it...its just makes me feel like im being held back...i feel so much better...and have been...then BOOM..something like that...blah!!

• After years of receiving post cards about "planning for motherhood" when I was still single, 2 weeks after learning that we were pregnant I got a letter explaining my infertility benefits. The timing was hysterical. I didn't even bother to call and complain, they figured because my 35th birthday was coming up and I hadn't popped a baby out yet I MUST be having trouble getting pregnant. They don't mean to be ignorant and insensitive; they just are. 
  • Although many of us can relate to this topic, this thread is almost four years old, so please be careful about resurrecting zombie threads
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"