Single Parents
Options

Child Support ?

So my brother is scum. His ex is scum. Somehow they created the greatest little girls EVER.

Anyhoot, they now have joint custody of the girls. My brother quit his job to avoid paying child support. She FINALLY has a job for the first time in 6 years. He thinks that he should be the one receiving child support, since she works. 

I'm sure child support is different in all states, but just wondering, what do you think could possibly happen with this?   

Re: Child Support ?

• Options
    mrgnmrgn member

Who are they with most of the time? Who is providing for them most of the time? Who ever is not doing those things should be paying child support.

I stay home (and will be working part time) so that we don't have to pay for daycare. Aubrey is with me all but 4 hours of the week... even when X is here visiting he is using the things I have bought to support her. My X pays child support.

When my parents divorced, they had joint custody but my father had us Monday-Fri (except Wed evenings). My mom paid CS and paid half of all our bills. My dad nickled and dimed her... he used to make her pay for 1/2 a bottle of tylenol when we needed it for our braces.

So - they should probably go to court or at least go to their local Child Support Department and figure out what they're doing.

• Options

Sorry, I wish I had more details. I'm just really sick of hearing both of them try to screw over the person.

They lived together supporting the girls, he worked, she stayed home until about May of this year. Right now they worked out a schedule for the girls, but their court appointed custody schedule doesn't take affect until September.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Just because he quit his job doesn't mean he won't get out of paying support (if he's required to). They will base support on what his skills are, what jobs are in his area and what the rate of pay is (ds' dad did the same thing, and screwed himself over because of it).

They will have to do what they call a "calculator" which takes expenses/income/insurance/daycare etc add it all up and make a determination on what (if any) the support would be. Just because she works doesn't automatically mean she'll get support or that he will because he doesn't work. 

Do they have 50/50 custody? If so, there may not be ANY support due because they're both supporting the girls 50/50.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options

Who ever is awarded custody, is going to be the one to receive child support. Not sure about all states, but as far as I know in ky, they go by your potential earnings, so he would have to pay at least based off of minimum wage and a full time job.

I can't imagine caring so little about my children, as to try and not be responsible for caring for them!

• Options
    imagejhernanjm00:

Sorry, I wish I had more details. I'm just really sick of hearing both of them try to screw over the person.

They lived together supporting the girls, he worked, she stayed home until about May of this year. Right now they worked out a schedule for the girls, but their court appointed custody schedule doesn't take affect until September.  

That's sad that this is their ultimate goal.  They are parents and they need to grow up and put their own petty feelings against eachother aside for the sake of their children.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"