Preemies
Options

Checking in to say hi!

Hello everyone! Admittedly, I've not been a good poster, and I'm committing to try to be better... but I wanted to say hello and give an update on my daughter... she was born in December at 31 weeks. I'd been admitted to the hospital with pre-e on December 24th, and the plan was to keep me on bedrest for 4 weeks (in the hospital, UGH). Well, Natalie was impatient, and really wanted to get me and her Daddy a 2009 tax deduction, so she arrived at 2 lbs, 12 oz, 15 inches. Her NICU stay was 38 days, and she needed CPAP for the first two days of her life, then was downgraded to the cannula for two more days. And then, just an NG tube for a month. I breastfed her for 5 months almost exclusively, though she never learned how to latch so it was a LONG 5 months of pumping. Now she is on Nutramigen AA because of a somewhat severe sensitivity to cow's milk... (let me tell you how much fun giving up dairy was for 5 months, Oy!) In any case, she will be seven months old tomorrow, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She's weighing in at 14 lbs, and is 24 inches long. She's meeting and surpassing all of her milestones for her adjusted age and is even hinting that she might be ready to close the gap and catch up a little bit. Anyway, I'm sure these stories are a dime a dozen, but I just wanted to say hi and let any of you scared preemie Moms know that there IS hope, and the NICU docs are amazing and will take amazing care of your LO's. We just went to our NICU reunion in June, and the docs and nurses were going CRAZY over Natalie! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Checking in to say hi!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"