Detroit Babies

Car seat inspection sites?

Does anyone know of any car seat inspection sites in Oakland/Wayne/Macomb County? Preferably near Royal Oak, but would drive anywhere to make sure we have the new convertible seat installed right! TIA!

Re: Car seat inspection sites?

• If you call your local police dept they can inspect it for you.  I know in our area they require you to make an appt and they only inspect 1 day a week.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • imageballerina06:
    If you call your local police dept they can inspect it for you.  I know in our area they require you to make an appt and they only inspect 1 day a week.

I believe most fire departments run the same way.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMIttensAndAHat:

imageballerina06:
    If you call your local police dept they can inspect it for you.  I know in our area they require you to make an appt and they only inspect 1 day a week.

I believe most fire departments run the same way.  Good luck!

True :)

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• I agree about the police or fire checking. I know BRU has days they check it but I have heard that it is just store clerks that watch a video. My friend has hers done at BRU and they totally checked it wrong and told her it had to be a different way and they were wrong. Luckily she didn't trust them and took it to a fireman. They are actually trained in it.

BBB brings local fire/police/EMS in for checks a few times a year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh and this is the address after you make the appt. its on the left side of the website I provided above

Village Plaza
    23400 Michigan Ave,
    Dearborn, MI 48124

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unfortunately not all police/fire stations do the check.  I live in the city of Northville & called either the fire or police and they said they don't do it, but to call the Northville Township fire/police stations.  I called and they said they couldn't check mine, only residents of the township, not the city.  Really?  That picky, instead of safety?!?!  I couldn't believe it.

That was over 2 yrs ago when I had DD, so hopefully they have changed.

Some AAA branch sites have them as well, but you need an appt.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The Royal Oak fire department does, but you have to be a resident of Royal Oak.  There are not a ton of places in SE Michigan that do it.  There are a few fire departments, but most require that you are a resident of the community.  There is also a program out of RO Beaumont called Safe Kids and they do car seat checks now and again.  I also want to say there is a Kids Hospital in Novi that does it as well.  I will see if I can find out the info.

I am considering getting myself certified to check car seats.  I had a really hard time finding somewhere that actually did it on an appointment bases. 

• We live in Clawson and also had a very hard time finding someone to do it.  We got the runaround from several police and fire depts.  We finally begged the NICU nurses at Beaumont to find someone to do it (since we had not installed our car seat prior to Libby's arrival).  Safety City USA does it on certain days of the month- they are in that plaza that's right next to Beaumont on 13 Mile.  Also my sister got hers checked at the Rochester fire dept.  They were really nice, she just had to make an appt (and she is not a resident).
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!! I found this info on Beaumont's website, gonna try and make an appt tomorrow.

https://www.beaumonthospitals.com/safety-city-family

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"