Attachment Parenting

She WILL.NOT.SLEEP

After a terrible night last night, she refused to sleep more than 30 minutes for each of her naps today. Second nap I tried to put her back down, but she screamed bloody murder and refused to go back to sleep, even in my arms. I put her down for bed an hour before her normal bedtime- I could tell she was tired. She slept 30 minutes and was done. She'll sleep lightly if Im holding her, but is instantly awake if I so much as lean over. DH is trying now and she's been screaming the entire time.

She doesn't act like she's teething, she's not running a fever, her diaper is clean. WTH? She has NEVER acted like this- never been a crier, much less a screamer. My brain is about to explode....Crying

Re: She WILL.NOT.SLEEP

• erbearerbear member
    That's textbook ear infection for us.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • even with no fever??
  • Loading the player...
  • Our 9 month old just recently started this as well.  I think it's a combination of teething and separation anxiety for us.  It's like she can't stand to be by herself in the crib anymore (she actually sounds afraid at times).  Last night, after trying for 3 hours to get her to sleep we gave up and let her watch TV with us.  She finally fell asleep around 11.  The night before we had to walk her around the neighborhood in the mei tai.  I don't have too much advice except to just do whatever you can to make it work and don't expect that to work the next night.  Thankfully she seems to be in bed for the night now, but I'm not overly hopeful.  Good luck to you.  Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in this!
  • QuazelQuazel member

I thought teething or ear infection too.  You do not have to have a fever for an ear infection.  My 4 year old nephew recently had an ear infection without a fever but he was acting so out of sorts that my bro actually took him to the ER because it was Sunday and he sensed there was something going on.  The fever actually came the next day when he had been on antibiotics on for 12 hours already.

GL!

• A friends baby was inconsolable but was not running a fever. Finally took her to the ER and it was a nasty ear infection. She got antibiotics and was 100% better the next day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Neither of my kids have ever had a fever with an ear infection.

I would say ear infection, teething (this is the only time my DS really screams overnight), the 8/9 month sleep regression and separation anxiety are all prime candidates.

8-10 months was probably the most difficult period of sleep for both of my kids.  By 10.5-11 months it was MUCH better.  It can't hurt to get ears checked or give some tylenol for teething, but mostly do whatever you need to do to get through this period.  For us it was lots of bedsharing.

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"