Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Why? and When?

Why?  When? These are the questions that just keeps coming to my mind.

Why does my old coworker who swore that she would NEVER have kids get pregnant almost immediately after getting married, announce to everyone right away, have a completely healthy pregnancy and "taunt" me with it on FB every day?

Why does it seem like every time I click on one of my favorite celebrity gossip sites there is another celeb announcing their pregnancy?

Why did we have to tell my 5-year old nephew that there was a baby in my belly?

Why do people think it is helpful to say "at least now you know that you can get pregnant" or "it will happen for you"?

Why why why did this happen???

When will I feel better?

When will I stop crying in my car on the way to/from places so that my DH doesn't have to see me do it?

When will it be my turn?

Thanks...just felt better to write it.  

Re: Why? and When?

• People are so obnoxious!  I truly hate it when people say "don't worry it will happen for you"  I'm to the point where I get a little snippy, and respond with, "well maybe I can't carry a baby to term."  I just think they are a little shocked and don't say much back. 

Keep venting!  It does feel good to come over to this board, and let the frustration out! :)  There was a girl that I am somewhat friends from high school and my facebook who wouldn't stop complaining about having to go on bedrest, and it really started to feel like taunting me, she's also having a girl which added some salt to the wound.  Anyway, I added a comment to her update that basically said to thank God that she is having a healthy baby, and to be grateful, and not so freakin whiny.  I have yet to hear anymore stupid updates. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish I knew. If you find out the answers can you let me know because I can't stop crying and have all the same questions. I keep asking myself why and thinking its just not fair. Why did I have a m/c the same week my SIL has a baby? Why can't I be super excited for my brother and his wife being able to bring a gorgeous baby niece into the world? Just why?

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I never understood how hard it was until now. My heart breaks for all of us.

• Loading the player...
  • imagechristyjolee:

Why do people think it is helpful to say "at least now you know that you can get pregnant"

Makes me want to respond to those dopes "and now I also know that I can also miscarry for absolutely no reason at all - Thanks!"

Grrr.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagesandyd:
    imagechristyjolee:

Why do people think it is helpful to say "at least now you know that you can get pregnant"

Makes me want to respond to those dopes "and now I also know that I can also miscarry for absolutely no reason at all - Thanks!"

Grrr.

That's a good reply if I am feeling particularly snarky. Which wouldn't surprise me today. I've had a few people say that and I just try to ignore it. It really irritated me coming from my sister who got pregnant four times, had four beautiful healthy babies and got pregnant with in four months of trying each time. She has no idea what I'm going through but I do appreciate her caring about it. Its pretty conflicting.

• Yes, if I find "the answers" I will most definitely pass them on to you and everyone else.  :)

My heart also breaks for everyone else.  I honestly never realized before how many people go through this.  I really think that m/c is such a private thing that people go through sometimes.  I know for us we have not told that many people (we hadn't told many people we were pregnant either).  

I know what you mean about your sister and others.  I look at my friends beautiful children and I'm happy for them but so so jealous.  

• Its so hard, I could not have said it better myself. I totally understand. At least here you will never hear..."at least you know you can get pregnant." Sometimes people need to not say whatever happens to pop into their brains.
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • "Makes me want to respond to those dopes "and now I also know that I can also miscarry for absolutely no reason at all - Thanks!"

Grrr."

ohmygoshTHIS. SO MUCH.

• I ask myself alot of those same questions all the time...

Sorry :(

• I have asked the same questions..it does get easier, but we will never forget..it's perfectly normal to ask why and to be jealous of others, especially those who said they would never or don't treat their children right:(  I'm sorry you are feeling this way and feel free to vent whenever you want to! ((HUGS))
    So excited for our little blessing:)
  • I hate when people make dumb comments. I got the at least we know you can get pregnant from my RE. Sending hugs.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"