High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Need some help from my Insulin Pump ladies

I'm having trouble with my bolus wizard. My max bolus is 25 and my carb ratio for breakfast is now 1.0 . The wizard calculates more than 25 units but still only delivers 25. How do I increase the max bolus amount?

Re: Need some help from my Insulin Pump ladies

• Options

Under Bolus on the main menu, go down to Max Bolus (it's right under Bolus Wizard Setup) and hit Act to change it from there.  

This is assuming you have a Medtronic pump like mine.  Hope you get it figured out.

• Options

When I hit the arrow up it goes from 25 back to 0. So, I guess it just doesn't go any higher. I'll have to do more than one bolus. Thanks for the info.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So for every 1 gram of crabs you are taking 25unit? 
  • Options
    No, my carb ratio for breakfast is 1.0. So for every 1 carb I get 1 unit, just at breakfast (carb ratios change throughout the day) . I'm very resistant in the morning.  I'm seeing a new endocrinologist and they gave me a new meal plan. New meal plan allows for as much as 45 carbs at breakfast. The max bolus will only give me a max of 25 units even if the calculation of the bolus wizard is higher. So, bolus wizard might say 32.6 units but when I start the bolus it will only give out 25 units.
  • Options

imagemama2bnov2010:
    No, my carb ratio for breakfast is 1.0. So for every 1 carb I get 1 unit, just at breakfast (carb ratios change throughout the day) . I'm very resistant in the morning.  I'm seeing a new endocrinologist and they gave me a new meal plan. New meal plan allows for as much as 45 carbs at breakfast. The max bolus will only give me a max of 25 units even if the calculation of the bolus wizard is higher. So, bolus wizard might say 32.6 units but when I start the bolus it will only give out 25 units.

I had to pull my pump out of my bra because you had me so confussed. LOL but looking at max bolus it say 0-25 is the range so it looks like you will have to do it twice.  Bummer :+(

• Options

Aren't you starting to hate breakfast?I am at 1.2 in the morning,and 2.5-3 at lunch and dinner.The medtronic won't let you go past 25 for a bolus,you have to do it twice:(

I do the bolus wizard,do the 25,figure out what's left and do that as a manual bolus.

My jerky endo will only let me have 15-30 at breakfast and she FLIPS if I cave and eat cereal:(

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Options
    imagestarrkitten89:

Aren't you starting to hate breakfast?I am at 1.2 in the morning,and 2.5-3 at lunch and dinner.The medtronic won't let you go past 25 for a bolus,you have to do it twice:(

I do the bolus wizard,do the 25,figure out what's left and do that as a manual bolus.

My jerky endo will only let me have 15-30 at breakfast and she FLIPS if I cave and eat cereal:(

So, if you do a dual wave for the 25 and put most of it in the second wave.... then you could do a manual normal for the remainder of the bolus right.

• Options

So, if you do a dual wave for the 25 and put most of it in the second wave.... then you could do a manual normal for the remainder of the bolus right.

Yup- I do it pretty often.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"