Military Families
Options

Wright-Patt

Hi,

I'm currently being seen at the Wright-Patt clinic, and I was wondering if anyone who has been to this base for prenatal care knows anything about the birthing classes they offer. 

I asked about them today at my appointment, and upon hearing this is my first, was automatically told to go to the Lamaze class.  Is it really any better than the general child birth class?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wright-Patt

• Options

They can't force you to take any classes. Take whichever one suits you.

Who told you this? I'm just curious because some people use "Lamaze" as a catch-all term for childbirth classes. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The woman at the check in desk, which is who I was told to go to for the information. A paper she gave me lists both, and both dates, but only the general one has a tour of the hospital. Seeing as how they have been doing massive construction up there, I would like a walk through of where to go and everything.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sign up for the one you want then. If the tour is important to you that should factor into your decision more than what the receptionist says. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just PCS'd to Wright Patt and we are taking the Lamaze Class, which we were told does do a tour of the Family Birthing Center at the end. I am also taking the breastfeeding class, Bundles for Babies at the Airman and Family Readiness and a Baby care workshop at AF&R. This is our first, so I wanted as much information as I could get. Plus, our last base was tiny and didnt have any of this stuff.
  • Options

imageGypsie_spiryt:
    I just PCS'd to Wright Patt and we are taking the Lamaze Class, which we were told does do a tour of the Family Birthing Center at the end. I am also taking the breastfeeding class, Bundles for Babies at the Airman and Family Readiness and a Baby care workshop at AF&R. This is our first, so I wanted as much information as I could get. Plus, our last base was tiny and didnt have any of this stuff.

I kind of fail at posting on here, obviously. I lurk constantly, maybe I should just stick to that. lol The paper I was given about all the classes doesn't mention a tour for the Lamaze class, but I'm going to ask more about it at my next appointment. Do you know when the next Bundles for Babies thing is? I wanted to go a while ago, but got sick. My EDD is around the same time as yours, so maybe we'll see each other lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"