Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Shower gift giving etiquette for twins ?

My friend is having twins (a boy and a girl) and I will be attending her shower next month.  What is the etiquette on gift giving for twins?  Do I just pick something off of the registry like I would for a single baby?  Also, was trying to think of something creative that is twin-related.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks

Re: Shower gift giving etiquette for twins ?

• I think going with the registry is ALWAYS a good idea.  You know they are going to need all of the baby essentials but times TWO-so their registry is even more important with multiples IMO.  Typically someone puts a lot of time and thought into developing a registry-I tend to respect that.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you asking if you should give one gift per child?  I would probably give what I would normally give to each child.  EX: If you usually spend $50 for a baby shower then I would spend $100, if I could afford to.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would def. go off the registry. You could get them coordinating outfits or something as well...that would be cute and twin-related :)
  • My friend recently had twins and I bought items off the registry.  I spent a little bit more than I would have for a "single birth", but I don't think there's necessarily a proper etiquette.  I'd spend whatever you feel comfortable with!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• If you can afford it, getting a gift for each baby is a nice idea. Alternatively, something nice for mom would also be good - maybe a large diaper bag or a carrier that can hold two babies (like the Moby). If you're on a tight budget, I'm sure anything off the registry would be appreciated, even if it's only a single gift. 
  • janjagjanjag member

get something off the registry.  i think you should spend what you feel comfortable spending... don't feel you have to double.  i know diapers/wipes are not exciting, but she will really need them and go through them like wildfire the first few mos.

i just got a gift for b/g twins (no registry available) and one thing i got was picky sticky monthly things - in b/g colors.  hope she doesn't already have them.  anyway i asked b/g MoMs and that was a suggestion they had.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejanjag:

get something off the registry.  i think you should spend what you feel comfortable spending... don't feel you have to double.  i know diapers/wipes are not exciting, but she will really need them and go through them like wildfire the first few mos.

Yep. The main thing I didn't register for or get was pjs. We had to buy a ton (12 NB) so I always give them now as part of a shower gift. A lot of people don't think to buy them and with twins you sometimes go through 4 - 6 pairs a day.

You can get cute, inexpensive ones from Kohls or Carters.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks Ladies!  And sorry for the confusion with the way I worded my question- yes, I was asking if I should get a gift for each child off the registry.  I like the idea of purchasing twice as much since it's for two babies.  Thanks again!
  • imageBitterOldHag:
    imagejanjag:

Yep. The main thing I didn't register for or get was pjs. We had to buy a ton (12 NB) so I always give them now as part of a shower gift. A lot of people don't think to buy them and with twins you sometimes go through 4 - 6 pairs a day.

right?  who knew you'd "need" so many pjs for the first weeks...I had to send my mother out for a bunch the first day home...and you can't go wrong with something from the registry.

• imageBitterOldHag:
    imagejanjag:

right?  who knew you'd "need" so many pjs for the first weeks...I had to send my mother out for a bunch the first day home...and you can't go wrong with something from the registry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"