Birth Stories
Options

So I started using Fenugreek...

I have been taking Fenugreek since Friday (so like 4 straight days) and this morning I pumped 6 oz!!! This may not sound like a lot to you pros out there, but for me... This is at least 2-3 oz more than I normally get. I have noticed my supply has steadily increased over the weekend. It is hard to tell for sure because it was the weekend (not working/pumping), so DD was nursing. Anyway, she seemed satisfied, whereas before I needed to make her a 2 oz bottle of formula after I got done feeding her because she was still hungry.

So I have seen a lot of recomendations for Fenugreek but never really heard of any good results... Well here's one!!! I really think it is working and it might be too soon to tell, but hopefully this trend continues!!!

So may be worth a try for those of you struggling with supply issues like myself!!! Big Smile

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: So I started using Fenugreek...

• Options
    Good to hear! I just ordered it and it should be shipped to my house soon (I couldn't find it in any stores). I, like you, have to supplement about 2 oz of formula for every feeding. I hope it works for me too. Although this morning for the first time, I was able to feed DD enough to make her full. I have been working hard trying to get my supply back up. I have only been able to pump about 3 oz at a time, so I would be so excited if I would be able to pump 6 oz like you! Thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha... This was totally meant for the BFing board... Sorry!
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"