South Florida Babies
Options

Does anyone here have VISTA Insurance???

Right after the baby is born we are going to switch insurance. We buy private because hubby is self-employed. Right now we have BCBS and while we love all the access with a PPO an 80/20 is out of the question from now on and the premiums are ridiculous. (Our maternity coverage is actually a 50/50 which is HARD on the budget)  I would love to switch to an HMO that covers everything 100% after copays.  Any experience with them? Thanks!

Re: Does anyone here have VISTA Insurance???

• Options

DH had Vista for a few yrs before I added him to my plan.  He never had any complaints, but then again, he never really used it, only for annual checkups (::knock on wood::).  However, I do remember they being a bit more annoying about needing referrals, etc, but I suppose that is standard.

When I was unemployed, I was covered under Golden Rule, which is an UnitedHealthcare plan.  It wasn't the cheapest, but coverage was good, and a lot cheaper than COBRA!  LOL  Just giving you another option.

GL

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had Vista last year when I gave birth.  My only complaint was that I was due Mid-July and effective July 1, they stopped providing coverage to Boca Raton Community Hospital.  It happens with all kinds of insurance but it was really bad timing since I was notified 3 weeks before I gave birth.  And, I was never notified by Vista.  I was notified by Boca Hospital.  

otherwise, no complaints!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had it for a few years.  I have their high option HMO and you actually don't need any referrals for specials - it's just a slightly higher copay than seeing your primary doctor.  No complaints here.  I had a PPO before switching to Vista and I haven't noticed a difference in the areas that I care about my plan. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am under DH's insurance and it was Vista, but keep in mind that it is now under it's parent company, Coventry Health Care. His company is on the Commercial POS plan. For me, they are slow to pay claims and I have noticed that they do not pay for LabCorp bloodwork (I have to get checked regularly for my hypothyroidism). It is probably due to the level of coverage his company purchased.

There are other things that they have not covered from my OB and I have to pay over $250 out of pocket before my next appointment in August. I can't say that they're good or bad and I won't know that until after the baby is here.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses! Going to keep doing some research but its comforting that you all seem to be OK with them =)  It's hard to leap into the unknown when it deals with such important matters like healthcare.
  • Options
    I have vista & I know they recently switched to Coventry. I have not had a problem with them, but it's a group bc it's with DH job. My ded. is only $500 and then they pay 100%. hth
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"