D.C. Area Babies

and....Leaving car seat with sitter...

My mom is watching DS for a few hours on thursday.  Should I leave his car seat with her "just in case" anything should happen???  I will be about 45 min away.  Do you typically leave the car seat with the sitter?  

The only ones to be watching DS for the foreseeable future are grandparents... And they will probably get a car seat of their own...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: and....Leaving car seat with sitter...

• My mom watches my kids one day a week while I work and we've never left carseats with her. That said, it certainly can't hurt to leave one. You'd have to be sure that she knows how to install it or install it yourself before you leave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't leave it, if it's a true emergency than she'd call 911 anyway.  (although, FWIW, I do not let my parents drive BabyCrown anywhere.  I always stall when my mother talks about them getting a carseat.)
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom is primary care-giver for DS during the day. So she has both a seat for him and one for DD in her car. She picks up DD from school if I need her to. Also eitehr she or my sister will take the kids for some time on weekends to give us a break. My mom goes everywhere with them and has never had any problems.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsTiara:
    I wouldn't leave it, if it's a true emergency than she'd call 911 anyway. 

Ditto this.  If they will be taking of them for longer periods of time and you want them to be able to take them out then I would get them one and have it installed to your satisfaction.  

• Do you want her to be able to go out and about with him? My mom watches DD once a week for the day, and I want her to be able to go out. We switch cars, so she has the car seat if she wants to go to the mall, park, etc.
  • Unless she wants to go out somewhere, I wouldn't bother.  My parents watched DD for a week while our DCP was on vacation, and knowing they wouldn't want to deal with the heat and traffic to go anywhere with her we didn't bother leaving a car seat for them.  For just a few hours, I would think your mom wouldn't necessarily be itching to go out and about.
    imageimageimage
  • imageMrs.Ram:
    Do you want her to be able to go out and about with him? My mom watches DD once a week for the day, and I want her to be able to go out. We switch cars, so she has the car seat if she wants to go to the mall, park, etc.

this is what I was going to suggest. whenever my mom watches Warner, we just switch cars (I hate having to re-install the carseat so it's partly laziness for me!).

If she's watching your child, I don't really think it's nice to not leave her with a way to get out and about. (unless she has driving issues...then I wouldn't give her the option)

• When our friends watch DD we always leave them a car seat or the keys to one of our cars with the car seat in it.  You just never know what is going to happen and I would rather cover my bases.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"