Health & Exercise

definately feel myself slowing down.

I guess I need to listen to my body. I feel my body slowing down and I get tired much easier than before. I used to go go go, workout 2 hours a day for 5 to 6 days a week. Not anymore.

I feel like I did in my first trimester.

I still workout 5 to 6 days a week but its much lighter. Just walking 2 miles in 45 min instead of 3 or 4, not lifting as heavy 3 days a week and prenatal yoga.

anyone else slowing down a little or are you pushing yourselves?

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: definately feel myself slowing down.

• I slowed down when I first got pg and haven't sped up since. I'm still going to the gym most days but my workouts are pretty wussy- 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio, some weight training, and yoga. I miss a good sweat!
  • Sh!t...just wait until your 8th and 9th months! Just do as much as you can. I think all the walking I did really helped me have a very easy delivery and recovery. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am about three weeks behind you, and I'm pushing myself (in a safe way of course) to maintain at this point because I can tell that I am starting to slow down. My original goal when I got pregnant was to keep running until 30 weeks, and I'm really trying to hit that goal.

I don't run back to back days anymore because I get too sore, and I'm starting to mix in more hiking/elliptical for lower impact/recovery.  Once I get to 30 weeks, I'm giving myself more of a break and will cut back to whatever feels comfortable.

I just try to keep reminding myself that every day I keep moving is another day towards an easier delivery/easier recovery after baby. Great job staying so active thus far!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I started to feel myself slow down right around this time also. Just don't push yourself too hard and you'll be fine. I know the feeling of not wanting to stop your normal routine but it's only natural and the most important thing is to stay healthy and not run yourself down! Sounds like you're really active to begin with so you should be fine Smile
  • in the past couple of weeks it's been rough.  i've resorted to just taking walks.  i did pretty well during second tri, but i haven't even been to the gym since maybe 27 weeks.  ugh. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"