Baby Showers
Options

Need a creative idea

DH and I orgionally decided to wait until the baby shower to announce the baby's name, but now i don't have any idea how to do it! The shower is at a restraunt, so a sign probably wouldn't work. Help!

Re: Need a creative idea

• Options
    How about on the cake??? I really like the name you chose by the way!
  • Options
    You could have everyone fill out a "Hello my name is:" name tag...especially if you're having a big group and not everyone knows each other.  Then stick one on your belly with the baby's name...like in your siggy...then see how long it takes someone to notice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You could have your mom or someone you are close to unwrap a gift from you and your DH and it could be a pink or blue onesie...

• Options
    I don't know if I would say it is creative, but you could do a toast in the beginning thanking everyone for coming and that you are so happy that little Camden will grow up with so much love and support.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You could also make it into a Hangman-like game.

And just to be forewarned, I have heard sooooo many people complain that they announced the name at their shower, and guests weren't as excited as they were (no one ever can be - it's your baby, not theirs).  Just want you to be prepared for anyone who might be a downer...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFutureMrsWagner:

You could have your mom or someone you are close to unwrap a gift from you and your DH and it could be a pink or blue onesie...

.....and then she could tell everyone the name.

• Options
    Is it too cheesy to have it on your shirt?  Maybe have a tshirt made special and part way thru the shower 'get to hot' and take another layer off and it would be on underneath.  I don't know...it may be a little silly, but then I like silly :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"