1st Trimester

Did you spot before getting your BFP?

If yes, did it last multiple days?  Did you assume you were getting AF?

Also, did you normally spot before getting AF (prior to the BFP cycle)?

TIA!

9/2010: First visit to RE = CD3 b/w (normal); CD7 ultrasound (normal); DH's SA (normal but morph wasn't analyzed, so doc ordered a 2nd SA); Prog. supplements starting 3dpo for all future cycles
10/2010: SHG to check tubes (normal!) & DH's 2nd SA (normal)
2/2011: Start first Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI cycle = BFN
3/2011: IUI # 2 (Clomid + 50iu Follistim + Estradiol + IUI) = BFP!!!
Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
BFP Chart
Ryder arrived a month early on November 28, 2011!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP Chart 2.0 - First cycle trying without RE intervention!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did you spot before getting your BFP?

• I spotted a little with my first pregnancy, not all all with the others though.  I want to say it was just a day or two (but that was 6 yrs ago so I can't remember).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I spotted a little with my first pregnancy, not all all with the others though.  I want to say it was just a day or two (but that was 6 yrs ago so I can't remember).

No never spotted before BFP on normal cycles

• Loading the player...
  • I spotted a day or 2 before I was supposed to get AF and yes I did assume I was getting AF. I did not normaly spot before AF.

• I usually spot before getting AF, but I didn't before getting BFP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, I didn't spot at all before my BFP.  I've never had LP spotting. 

I have had spotting since my BFP, that's fairly common.

I'd just mark your chart and keep your fingers crossed.  Try not to read into it too much either way.  GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • With DS, no. With this pregnancy, yes.  But it was only once and it was days before AF, so maybe it was implantation bleeding.  And no, I don't normally spot before AF.

• I didn't but my girlfriend did.  She tested a few days later and got her BFP
  • I normally don't spot, and I didn't before my BFP.
  • sort of.

I was due to get AF on Friday (maybe Saturday).  Friday evening we went to Target and I used the restroom there.   There was a hint of pink on the TP.   Very very slight hint - almost not even there.    I came out of the restroom and told DH that AF was showing up soon.     However, that was all I saw that night.  

The next day we were going to be out at the Regional Park all day, so I just put in a tampon since I knew AF would show for sure.    Got home later - nothing.

Sunday morning my temp went up and started to make me wonder.

Monday morning I tested and got a surprise BFP (considering our history, and the fact that we weren't really trying - cuz it'd never worked before)

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • I spotted a few days before I was expecting AF, which is what led me to POAS since I spotted early on with my first pregnancy. When I POAS, the line was extremely faint, so I went to drs for a blood test to confirm. I was only about 3.5 weeks when I had the spotting and it lasted for about 3-4 days.
  • I had spotting before my BFP.  I usually spot the day before AF, but this spotting began at 9DPO which was much earlier than normal.  I was still spotting the next day so I took a test and it was positive!
  • I spotted a little for two days before BFP, and assumed I was getting AF (typical spotting before AF).
  • With all three pregnancies I have spotted before BFP. This last time I was hoping it was implantation spotting. I took a test and got BFN. Then, I thought it was AF because it lasted like 6 days. Wrong. Next week was BFP. I've never spotted before AF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"