Baby Showers

Duplicates!

This may sound silly but Ill ask anyway! Im getting really excited for my shower on the 31st and have of course been registry stalking. Somehow, not sure how, one item I saw was purchased twice. I thought a registry would eliminate that a little. Well, I want everyone to to know how much I am thankful for their gifts! I just feel like now Ill open up the same thing two times and I wonder what to say when I open it! Just act as excited as the first time I was given it?

Re: Duplicates!

• Act excited - joke about having 2 if they're both at the shower and talk about how you'll really use whatever it is...

then return one after the fact!  =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCrazyToast:

Act excited - joke about having 2 if they're both at the shower and talk about how you'll really use whatever it is...

then return one after the fact!  =)

Thanks! I know that was a simple question but for some reason I was nervous on how to handle it! I just am so thankful people are buying stuff for us and I dont want anyone to feel bad!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Don't do what I did for my bridal shower - I received one gift at my house, and another at my shower and they were the same.  I exclaimed "oh no!" and then had to make up why I said that.  I don't think anyone knew what was up except my mom...

• I got 4 george forman grills at my bridal shower, and I said thank you for every one.  Then I retured 3 of them later that week.  My registry only said 1 was purchased even though they all came with gift receipts from the same store.  Things like this happen, and all of my guests were very cool about it.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • It's also possible that the associate that scanned the registry just scanned it twice.  So you may not be getting the same item twice anyways.  This happened at our wedding shower.  It looked like we were getting two DVD players but then MIL told us afterwards that the sales associate had been new and a little confused! :)
  • you're so funny :) that happened to us at our shower few times. i just said "ahhh great minds think alike" and just joked about it. just say thank you and return the item after the shower, no one will be offended since it's a duplicate gift. have fun at your shower!!
  • We just had our shower on sat and I got 4 of those rubber ducks with the little hot thing on the bottom (to check temp). Everyone was all like " aww gonna have to take some back" I was like heck no, its ducky racing time. :) Itll give the baby something to play with. I also got the same pjs two diff sizes and my bf was like "well itll be her fave and grow with her. " But we were serious about keeping duplicates. So I would say just kinda play with it and laugh it off. I dont think I hurt anyones feelings cuz we did say we'd let her play with them all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"