Military Families

Just PCSed to Lackland

Anyone else here in San Antonio?  

Re: Just PCSed to Lackland

• me me!!!

We got here in October!

Anything I can help you with? We live by seaworld. tons of military people on this part of town.  Well anywhere in SA really. haha!

welcome!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are! Welcome to San Antonio! It's actually a pretty great city!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies!  I agree that this is a great place.  I have only been here 5 weeks and am in love already.  Sarah, I'm at the starbucks by seaworld on a regular basis...a mom's gotta get away sometime.  :) I'm slowly finding my way around.  I think it'll take forever to actually see everything here, huh?  We have already got passes to the zoo and the Children's museum.  Right now I'm just trying to find a bakery that can make a good Dora cake for my dd's 3rd bday.  I went to basic here 15 years ago and it's so weird to be living on Lackland now.  I have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old...both girls.  
  • bakery...no idea. my mother in law  is making my sons b-day cake, but she's in Houston.  sorry I'm no help there.

The zoo is really nice and I went to the museum once but it was still a bit much for ds, he was closer to 1 at the time, so maybe now or around 2.5 he'd have more fun and can understand some more.

There is obviously sea world, shlitterbahn, spashtown, outlet malls in san marcos (ok thats for mom!), lots to do in and all around the area.

Dh and I are going to corpus christi in a few weeks, so I'll be able to tell ya how that is. But if its a nice beach, we will probably take ds and have a beach day.

welcome and let me know if you need anything else. there is the local SA board, which could probably help you find a bakery. Though most of the girls live on the north or northwest side,no one is on this side of town, so a little hard to get recommendations and stuff.

• The New Braunfels Children's Museum is way better than the SA one and not too far away. Smaller, cleaner, easier parking and more geared for the toddler age. The zoo is great and so is the splash pad at Ft Sam and the one at Randolph.
  • imageOct1406:
    The New Braunfels Children's Museum is way better than the SA one and not too far away. Smaller, cleaner, easier parking and more geared for the toddler age. The zoo is great and so is the splash pad at Ft Sam and the one at Randolph.

awesome thanks!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"