Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

DIY crib rail cover PsIP

My DD is chewing on the crib rails like crazy and I was inspired to make my own crib rail covers after someone posted this blog link yesterday https://navigatingthemothership.blogspot.com/2010/03/gone-crafty-cheap-easy-crib-rail.html

It looks cute on the blog but went horribly wrong when I did it so I just doubled over the fabric and tied it with ribbons instead. Looks much cuter than the fabric cutting way and cost all of $6 (including the price of the fabric I wrecked trying to make it the original way) Here are some pics!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DIY crib rail cover PsIP

• Options
    omg what a great idea! thanks
  • Options
    Looks great.  I posted the link yesterday.  Thanks for posting pics and actually doing it.  It is nice to see it actually works and an alternative in case we can;t figure out the tying.  I'm picking up fabric tomorrow.  I keep on forgetting to bring something with the right colors on it from DS's room so the fabric doesn't clash. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much for posting this!  I am going to make this ASAP before we get to the chewing stage....I was so worrie that we would ruin our lifetime crib with gnawing.  Thanks for the perfect cheap fix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I was just about to post about any advice on preventing teething marks when I saw this.  Does it really work?  Have you used it long enough to tell if the baby's teeth really can't mark the wood?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've had it on for about 24 hours, so not long, but the fleece is doubled over and is pretty darn thick, even I chewed on it to test it out! Just make sure that you double or triple tie the ribbons so that your LO doesn't untie them and have a choking hazard in their hands!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Cute!  My only concern is it looks like you just have the ribbon tied into bows (I could be wrong).  To me, that seems like a strangulation/choking hazard if she untied them.

Edit: nevermind.  You just said something about this above.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did this yesterday.  Pics in my blog.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"