Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Help...Sore boob...bfing..

So my right boob hurts so much.  It's the same feeling as when it is super engourged, only it's not.  My DS can still feed off of it, but it's just sore all over.  Any clue what could be going on? Clogged duct, infection?  Anyone else had this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help...Sore boob...bfing..

• Options
    I had a sore spot once, but it did feel hard and I'm pretty sure it was a plugged duct.  I put a warm washcloth on it and then pumped (and got a lot) and then it felt better.  Could also be mastitis, but I've never had that (knock on wood), so I don't know what it feels like.

• Options
    How long has it been like that? If it is a clogged duct (or more than one), feed or pump as often as possible on that side, take a hot shower and massage it. If it is mastitis (infection), you will probably start to feel really bad really fast - fever, aches, etc. and need to get antibiotics asap. GL!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Going through this right now. My right breast is sore almost like I wore a tight bra with an underwire, but I didn't. When I brest feed it fine but if I pump it will occasionally hurt like a shooting pain. My Dr is in the process of calling me back with suggestions, but she said she will most likely need to see me next week. So the only suggestion I have is for you to call your Dr.
  • Options

I am normally just a lurker but I just had the same thing.  

I have had a clogged duct before and this felt a little different - more tender and sore than a hard painful clump.

Tuesday night my left side started getting sore and warm to the touch; Wednesday I left work after half a day as it was still sore, my whole body ached, I had a fever and a headache - I ended up sleeping all afternoon. Thursday felt better, but was still sore and I noticed the tender area of my breast was turning a little red and still warm.

Friday woke up and it was still red, tender and warm; made an appt and he said I did have Mastitis.

Not fun, I am an EP and was thinking all day - How do EPers do this for 6 months or longer.  Just kept repeating to myself 'Don't quit on a bad day...' 

My doctor did also to put a hot compress on it for 15 mins four or so times a day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"