LGBT Parenting
Options

Appointment

So my wife and I set up our first appointment with the fertility place to start figuring things out.  We have made a list of questions up but know there is probably nine million we forgot about.  Are there any questions you wish you would have asked at your PCP meeting?  We are planning to do IUI with sperm from a bank.  We are leaning to do Fairfax cryobank(has anyone used them) cause we can do self pick up there (shipping is so expensive)...actually this whole process is expensive.  It would be so much easier if we could knock each other up!!!!
We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!

Re: Appointment

• Options

Good luck! :)

We used Fairfax for the same reason and I think at least one other couple on here used them as well. We had a good experience...but it was 5-6 years ago. Surprise

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We used Fairfax for one or two cycles and though we did not get our BFP, they had the best samples we had ever used. We will likely use them when we try again.

As far as questions to ask, find out how they handle weekend surges, payment info and about any tests/counseling they require up front.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We used Fairfax and they were great- we wanted a known donor that at 18 the kids could find if they wanted to, and they had a good selection.

Trust me, I know the whole thing is expensive- I remind my wife all the time! But, the expenses are tax deductible if you deduct medical expenses! We got some good tax returns for last year, and for this year, more medical and the adoption is deductible too!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Good luck!

I used Fairfax as well...but I'm in CA, so didn't have the benefit of picking it up... and I actually liked the notion that odds are - our donor is many thousands of miles away.  ;)    (Have you seen The Kids are all right? The donor lives like down the block from them. lol).

Anyhow, we also chose a "known" donor after age 18.

Oh, and if it matters any, got pregnant on first cycle!!  ;)

Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"