Pennsylvania Babies

I was in an accident today

(I c & p'd this from the January 2011 moms board so I wouldn't have to re-type)

I was on my way to work and got off the highway and was stopped waiting to pull out into traffic and this guy came right up behind me, looking down the road at traffic and rammed right into my bumper.  Not a lot of damage, but just shaken up.  I was really upset and called the dr immediately and they got me in to make sure my little one was okay in there.

They did an ultrasound and happily, the heart was beating away and the baby looked like he/she was trying to punch my guts from the inside out :) lol  Probably wondering why I disturbed his/her rest this morning!  So I feel a ton better, especially after the doctor said the placenta wasn't torn, bleeding, or abreviated in any way.  So, now I just have to keep an eye out and make sure I don't start bleeding or getting any abdominal pain.

What a scary close call!!!!

Re: I was in an accident today

• I am glad you and the little one are ok! I was in a car accident when I was 4 months pregnant, lady ran a stop sign and t-boned me on the passenger side. Luckily no one was hurt.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Scary stuff - glad you're okay!

I spent my entire pregnancy commuting an hour and a half in Baltimore traffic... I had so many close calls (others nearly causing accidents, not me - I was so cautious) and was always scared I'd end up in an accident.  Thankfully, it never happened, but it's scary when it's suddenly not just yourself you have to worry about, isn't it?

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, it was scary! And I'm so much more hyper vigilant than I was pre-pregnancy.  And I feel like since the accident this morning, I notice more and more people pulling out in front of me and everything else.  Ugh.  I just still feel sick thinking about what could have happened!

Thanks for the well wishes ladies... I"m going to thank my lucky stars tonight, that's for sure...

• How scary!  I am glad you are both okay!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Glad you are okay.  Take it easy this weekend and relax.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear everything's OK! I told DH I should never drive again when I'm pregnant because it stresses me out! So many people should not be on the road, and it seems like you met one of those people. Now I believe my mom when she says she didn't want me driving too much at 16 because she trusted me, but "it's all the other idiots out there you have to look out for."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"