Pregnant after 35
Options

Newbie - Single mom @ 38. 1st baby.

Hey All, 

Just wanted to share and check in....

My name is Gabrielle and I am 14 weeks pregnant. It has been a very interesting but also frustrating experience.

I am so excited to meet my bean but also have been struggling with the symptoms of pregnancy (hip and back pain, headaches and some gastro problems) alongside dealing with my pre-existing anxiety disorder (post-katrina).

It has been difficult without the help of medications but I am doing my best to try and relax and breathe and remind myself how very lucky I am to be able to be experiencing this all....

Re: Newbie - Single mom @ 38. 1st baby.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats! Have you tried working out, e.g. yoga or water aerobics classes for pregnant women, or just walking outside? May help with relaxation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you so much...

I have indeed. I am doing Pre-Natal Yoga and loving it!

I think I am just trying to get use to the usual discomforts of pregnancy and it seems odd giving up control of my body after seemingly knowing it so well for 38 years.

:-) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

At 14 weeks, you should HOPEFULLY start feeling some relief soon from some of the tough parts of the first trimester (total exhaustion, nausea). Try buying some aromatherapy candles or oil in a scent that you just love and use them for a little while everyday to help you relax. I also like the magazine Guideposts when I am feeling anxious. It's a spiritual magazine, and very uplifting. Neat stories submitted by readers.

Good luck!

• Options

Welcome! Congratulations on your little bean! As other PPs have said, hopefully the worst is behind you. First trimester for me was a nightmare.

I got a prenatal yoga video and have been doing it at home, and it seems to help with some of the pain/discomfort. The other things on my "most helpful" list are a GOOD pregnancy pillow to help with sleep. I got a Homedics Thumper, which has been wonderful for back pain. It's a hand held thumping massager that you can use on your back, neck, legs, whatever is hurting. I use it right before I got to bed and I find it really helps. And of course....Tylenol!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"