Breastfeeding

Clean pump parts with baby wipes?

Can you do this - i'm heading out now in the car for eight hours and will need to pump several times - can i clean them in between pumps with a baby wipe?  I do not have (or have time to go get) the medela wipes, plus they are way too expensive

Re: Clean pump parts with baby wipes?

• If you have a cooler to store the milk just store the parts in there in between pumping sessions. 
  • No, there is something special in the Medela wipes that is safe for consumption.  Regular wipes aren't meant to be eaten or put in the mouth, so I'd stay away from them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't do it, I don't like the idea of wipes in general though, how do you get in the tiny little places where the milk drips down? You're gonna have to pee sooner or later, just bring them into the rest stop bathroom or the gas station bathroom and wash them in the sink. That's what I do when I'm on the road.
  • I do this with my pump parts daily at work and then wash them thoroughly at night. I would rather do this in wash my parts out in a rest stop or gas station bathroom - EEEWWW!  I'm not a germophobe but the bathroom thing really just grosses me out.
  • Maybe take a wet wash cloth if you don't want to do the Medela wipes.  Baby wipes aren't a good idea, unless you are dumping the milk and LO won't be drinking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"