Pregnant after 35
Options

Hi. I'm new here.

I am 34, turning 35 in September and pregnant with our 4th. DH's son is 16, my son is 9 and our DD (Her Babyness) is 7 months old. We were talking about having another baby next year but this LO decided now was a great time to show up.

I was high risk with both of my babies and fully expect to be again because of AMA. I have been so busy with DD, work, chores at home, etc that I've forgotten to log my sporadic cycles and the last one I remember was in May. *eeek*

I got my BFP on Monday and I was fully expecting to have to wait the full 3 minutes to get the result like with DD's test. LOL, yeah right. 20 seconds later I have 2 dark lines. So I'm thinking I am further along than a month or we might be having twins.

I've heard the older we get and the more pregnancies we've had (I've lost several) the higher your chances are for multiples. DH thinks I'm worrying over nothing but I don't call it worrying. I call it being aware of all possibilities.

DD has been acting weird for about 2 months now and know that I know I'm pregnant, it all makes sense.

Congratulations on your pregnancies.

Re: Hi. I'm new here.

• Options

Congratulations!!!

You shouldn't be hight risk just b/c of the age, there must be something else going on. I am 40 and not high risk.

What makes you think you are having tweens? Different preg. tests have different sensitivity. If the control line is also dark it means the test is more sensitive, that's all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had uterine complications, gestational diabetes, unexplained bleeding and incompetent cervix with my daughter. With my son I had just beaten cervical cancer and the cryosurgery left my cervix scarred to where it would not open and during the induction my son was transverse and there was no room to turn him around. So I know getting pregnant this soon after the birth of my daughter will mean high risk for the uterine rupture again since her delivery was a c-section and it's not been a year of healing yet.

We charted to get pregnant with DD so I was scoping out the sensitivity levels of the pregnancy tests then. I wanted the most sensitive to know as soon as possible. At 14dpo I got my BFP with her. I got my BFP this week with Answer HPT with the senstivity level of 25. I was thinking with the immediate dark line we are either farther along or having more than one and not that far along. Won't know till next Thursday.

I've been too busy with work, housework, the kids to really focus on my cycles or remember conclusively when my last one was. It was in May some time. I've had 2 children and lost 7. I know the chances for twins increase with the number of pregnancies you have and age. I don't know for sure I am having twins. It would not phase us if we weren't. But right now, we are praying for healthy and this baby to stick. I started cramping yesterday afternoon into the night, while there was no bleeding it still leaves me a little concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"