Multiples
Options

Am I overreacting?

-->

Whenever I pick the boys up at the sitters she makes a comment about Oliver being like me and Harrison like dad...Harrison is very laid back and Oliver is fussier...

I really don't know why she says it, I mean I write a note to her each morning about the boys, etc...  One time when they didn't finish a bottle, she give it to them later and I asked that she not do that, to just keep them on schedule- but that's the only thing I've made a stink about.

Now today I see that she fed them 1/2hr apart at each feeding, and now I feel like if I remind her that they eat at the same time, I'm being fussy.  I will wait and see how tomorrow goes....

Am I just being overly sensitive?

Re: Am I overreacting?

• Options
    I don't think you're being sensitive. It would probably annoy me too that the babysitter makes such comments, but at the end of the day, you're the one that has to deal with whatever results from your boys not staying on their schedule. So, I wouldn't feel bad about reminding the sitter to do things how you want them done.
  • Options
    I don't think you are being oversensitive.  I think you should tell her what you want done and she needs to follow your instructions.  If it makes you feel any better my mom says that Ava is like me and Grace is more "laid back" like her father.....so I get it too.  But it is easier to take coming from my mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should turn it into a joke and say something like, "Well if you followed the directions from my note, then no one would have to be fussy."  LOL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think you are overreacting about the half hour time difference between bottles- and I am super anal about staying on schedule. Any more than half an hour and I might be annoyed but I would give her some leeway.

And does she specifically SAY, "Oliver is fussy just like you are fussy!" Or does she just say he is like you? She may not mean anything by it.

If she is a good caregiver in general and the boys like her, then I would let all this go.

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imageSweets2005:

I think you are overreacting about the half hour time difference between bottles- and I am super anal about staying on schedule. Any more than half an hour and I might be annoyed but I would give her some leeway.

And does she specifically SAY, "Oliver is fussy just like you are fussy!" Or does she just say he is like you? She may not mean anything by it.

If she is a good caregiver in general and the boys like her, then I would let all this go.

this

• Options

Ditto pps, I wouldn't worry too much about it, she prob doesn't mean it negatively. 

Today my sitter came over & I was showing her that we had installed tot locks since she was last here & she said, 'oh who's surprised that you'd have something like that.' (Ummmm not sure what to make of that, except that I'm anal or paranoid or something?)  

• Options

I'd be a little irritated with her comment as well, but try to let it slide.  Who knows what she meant, really.  

As for the feeding thing, I think you should relax a bit.  Especially as they get older, you can't force them to eat exactly when you want them to.  I have one baby that snacks one extra time (bottle), but then Gabi loves her self-feeding, so she can spend an extra 15-20 min at lunch eating.  Especially if your two aren't the only two in her care.  And really, if you cause a stink about it, she could end up doing the same and writing down that they did eat at the same time.  Pick your battles.

• Options

Thanks ladies- she and I are very different.  I joke around a lot and she doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.  She's also very simple and I'm a little more high maintenance....

I will relax a bit- I know she is good with the boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"