3rd Trimester
Options

Do Playtex drop-in bottles attach to medela pump?

I think I read somewhere on here before that the playtex bottles can be used with the medela pump but I wanted to double check. I really like the drop-in system and am hoping I can pump right into them. Anyone know for sure?

Re: Do Playtex drop-in bottles attach to medela pump?

• Options
    i asked this ? at our baby class...you pump into another bottle, maybe the bottle your pump comes with, then transfer to storage bag, and when you are ready to use the stored milk, open and put into drop in bottle screw on top.
  • Options

Actually there is an adaptor you can buy to allow you to pump into the drop in liner - I got some at Amazon.  I didn't find out about it until it was too late w/DD, but I'm ready for this next time around.  You should be able to pump directly into the liner, drop the liner into a bottle and you'll be good to go!

I was able to pump for the  following day when I was at work, so I plan to just create her bottles for the next day this way.

ETA: link - https://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Drop-Ins-System-Breast-Storage/dp/B0011UH78G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1279733951&sr=1-8

Reviews seem to say that they're good for pumping into, but not good for long term storage.  I used freezer bags for long term storage w/DD.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i don't think it will fit. I have the drop in and medela but never tried it because by looking at the opening of drop in, it's a bit too big. May be Playtex Ventaire will fit. I know medela pump will fit into Dr Brown since i tried it before.
  • Options

You can buy this adapter kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Drop-Ins-System-Breast-Storage/dp/B0011UH78G

and it will allow you to pump directly into a drop-in bottle.  I used it for my first baby with an Ameda pump.  I now have a Medela Freestlye, and it fits this as well.

• Options
    delg23delg23 member
    I just want to say thank you for asking this! I was wondering the same thing. I read millions of reviews on the drop ins and couldn't figure it out... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought this the other day!!! I was so flippin excited about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the adapter and used it a few times, but found pumping into the Medela bottles and then transferring to be easier for my process.
  • Options
    I was just told you can pump directly into Dr Browns bottles- so that might be a good option for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"