Los Angeles Babies

Nanny rates

Hello,

Can I get some feedback from people on the going rate, perks, etc. for nannies in the Los Angeles area?  My husband and I live in West Hollywood and are expecting our first baby in February.  We both work full time and I will go back to work after the baby is born.  We are considering building our our garage into a liveable unit for a live-in nanny, but on a brief glimpse of rates online, it seems that live-in nannies cost almost the same rate as a live-out nanny, which seems odd if you are covering room/board and food.  Anyway, I'd love to hear what the rates are like etc. in the L.A. area.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Elle

Re: Nanny rates

• From what I've seen, they're anywhere from $12-20/hour.

My coworker swears by Jen's List - it's local recommendations.  Click on the Nanny category in the blog archives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great, thanks for the tip!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try the Help Company in Santa Monica. 310-828-4111. Claudia Kahn the owner is wonderful.  I've been using nanny's for the past 3 years and I've noticed that the cheap ones ($10 per hour) are horrible.  I recently used one while I was out of town and she was $18.50 per hour and fantastic.  Claudia will be able to guide you in the right direction. 
  • I was a nanny in Sherman Oaks and I was paid $15.00 an hour (I didn't live with them).  I was a friend of the parents and they decided on that amount and I was fine with it!  I did not get insurance, or paid time off.  I picked up Jenna from pre-school at 1pm and take her to the park, feed her, and the library for story time's with other kids.  I loved what I did, and we were able to continue to be friends after I left for London with my husband.  Make sure who ever you hire is super reliable, and loves what he/she does.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"