Minnesota Babies

Fairview Southdale - do they sell pumps?

I spoke with my insurance company & they said a breast pump is covered (probably 100%...if not at least 80%) as long as i get it from a medical supply place...such as a hospital.

I'm delivering at Fairview Southdale & I'm wondering if any of you ladies know if they have pumps available to buy?  Or is it only to rent?

TIA! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fairview Southdale - do they sell pumps?

• I know that you can buy one a crossed the street at the Medical building. They have a pharmacy right inside to doors where I had bought new stuff from there  
  • There is a pharmacy right across from the hospital that sells pumps.  That's where I got mine.  

FYI - you will need to pay for it up front and once they get reimbursed from your insurance they'll send you the check.  I delivered on 5/4 and am still waiting for my check (not FV's fault though - they have been very good at following up with me and the insurance company).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I went to Meadowbrook in St. Louis Park to get mine.  It's the first location in the link that opens up.  They were wonderful.

I had my OB fax them the Rx for the breast pump.  When I got there, they had be pick out the pump that I wanted.  It all billed through the insurance and I didn't have to pay anything that day.  My insurance only paid for 85% or something, so they sent me the bill for the rest of it.  Very good experience.  I didn't deliver at that hospital, and I had been using a different (cheaper, not as good) pump until I realized that my insurance paid for one.  This hospital was closer to me than the one I delivered at so that is why I chose to go there.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"