Military Families
Options

Welcome Home Banners? Idea? Tips?

This is our first deployment and he is coming home shortly..any banner ideas, tips? Thanks :)
Z(Monkey) 6-30-07 and E(Bear) 9-6-10 Living life with my little warrior and his big brother :)imageimageimage

Re: Welcome Home Banners? Idea? Tips?

• Options

https://outboundlink.me/anxo/dr_ta_1/goto.php?DR_id=1117&linkout=http%3A//www.buildasign.com/Troops%3Femcid%3D1361%26extcid%3D1184%26utm_source%3DNewsletter%26utm_campaign%3DJun17_Troops%26pv%3D0%26pcode%3D6F316C5A39675032527247674D49774E2F5153614F513D3D%26linkID%3D1

I gtot my banner from this site when my husband came home from bootcamp.  Im pretty sure the banner was free we only paid for shipping.  I choose a background and added the EGA emblem to make it more personal to the Corps.  It was quick and it came rather quickly.

GL!!

• Options
    I also ordered a banner from that same website.  I only had to pay for shipping.  Pretty sure it is still the same since I still get emails about free banners.  I hung that on my balcony then made one for the big window in front of the house and the kids both made ones on poster board for their windows (all in front of the house).  They weren't perfect but my husband and I both loved them since the kids did them on their own, I just did the outline of the letters.
    The first deployment we put a poster we made on the front door and hung balloons all around the door and one out front (we were in stairwell housing so our front door you can't see from outside).  That time the kids did hand prints and such but I did most of the work since they were younger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We always have fun making our banners! We use a cheap white twin flat sheet and latex paints. I will sometimes do stencils for the lettering then let the boys go crazy with extras (handprints, footprints, whatever). I've also used spray paint, but it doesn't give as clean of a look. I also will give the boys their own poster boards to paint and decorate, I'll write the message for them since they are still 5 and 3.

The printed banners are great, but with kids it's waaay more fun to have them be part of making a welcome home sign...and it's easier to find in a sea of signs!

• Options
    When my husband came home in May, I got a free banner from this website:  https://www.buildasign.com/Troops  All you pay is shipping.  I really liked mine!  I was able to add my own pictures and words to it and it arrived in about 2 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options

I made my banner, I got a canvas sheet, and some cloth paint. and made one myself.. and then mailed it to both our families so they felt included in the Homecoming, they all signed it and mailed it to the next family memeber

here is a picture of it

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    image~LittleOne~:

I made my banner, I got a canvas sheet, and some cloth paint. and made one myself.. and then mailed it to both our families so they felt included in the Homecoming, they all signed it and mailed it to the next family memeber

here is a picture of it

That is awesome!!! What a great idea!

• Options

Go to www.buildasighn.com....they are giving ot free Welcome Home Banners to Military Families. They are great Quality, Vinel, I got one for my Hubby. Original Price 80$, all you pay is shipping.

Check it out.

• Options

I made mine for a total of $8 each.

One says "HE'S HOME Do Not Disturb" the other says "We Love Our Sandy Sailor! He's Out Of The Sandbox"

Made them on the plastic shower curtains with Acrylic paint (water proof). Cut slits in them from top to bottom so the wind could go right through.

GOOD LUCK!

You can also get a FREE banner at

www.buildasign.com/troops You just pay shipping. I recommend that you pay the $9 for the grommets to be put in the corners for EASY hanging.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"