Infertility

HCG trigger shot fail?

Have any of you not had any response to an HCG trigger shot?

I took my shot on Sat morning, and I still haven't had a temp rise. Now, I know that temps are not 100% indicative, plus I'll need some more temps this week to see a clearer pattern, but something is telling me that this cycle was a complete bust. Just checking if it's even possible that I didn't O in response to the HCG trigger shot. My dr does not do testing to confirm O.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: HCG trigger shot fail?

• Are you concerned that the shot didn't make it into your system somehow? If so, try an HPT.

Were you testing your temp prior to doing the trigger shot? If not, you may have missed the temp shift.

When I was worried about my first trigger shot, they let me come in to do a blood test to make sure I had enough in my system. (Administering the shot that time was a comedy of errors that included a horror movie-esque bloody scene, which made me worry that I injected it directly into a vein.... Turns out all was fine.) Would they let you if you asked? Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with Roselln. I would try an HPT to see if it's positive. Temps can be kinda wacky sometimes. GL! 
    Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I'll take a HPT tonight when I get home.

Assuming it's +, meaning that the trigger is in my system, would it be possible for it to be in my system but for an egg not to release?

BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c

• I am proof that the shot is not %100. My first IUI cycle ended in a BFN but AF never came on her own. RE could not understand why if I was not KU why AF didnt come after I had done the trigger. 

New RE will do blood test to confirm O 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemsjcordova:

I am proof that the shot is not %100. My first IUI cycle ended in a BFN but AF never came on her own. RE could not understand why if I was not KU why AF didnt come after I had done the trigger. 

New RE will do blood test to confirm O 

Ugh. That's what I'm afraid of. I'm actually in the process of breaking up with my RE...so we'll see what the new RE has to say about this.

BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"