Military Families
Options

Anyone live near Hill AFB???

We are moving to Clinton, UT...about 10 min from Hill. Hubby is active duty AF. What is it like? Do you like the area?

Re: Anyone live near Hill AFB???

• Options
    NSLNSL member
    I grew up in Salt Lake, and while I love the city I really dislike the area around Hill.  Too close to the lake (ergo "lake stink" every time the wind kicks up" and there's not much to do in the immediate area.  Still, it's a very family-friendly place, and housing is reasonably priced.  Definitely take trips down to the city anytime you feel like going out to a fun restaurant or need to go shopping.
  • Options
    My family recently moved near Hill, and I was surprised how much I like UT. It definitely takes some getting used to, UT is an interesting place, but there is a lot of stuff to do. The state/national parks are amazing - Moab (Arches, Canyonlands), Bryce, Zion, the skiing is fantastic, and there is a ton of outdoorsy stuff. I think if you keep an open mind you can really enjoy the area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I grew up in Kaysville which is just a few towns away. DH's brother and his family were stationed at Hill, and now his Uncle lives right outside of Hill. (He's retired) Just like PP's said, Utah is beautiful and there are so many outdoors activities to do. During any season! You'll definitely want to check out SLC and Park City (two of my favorite's) for fun shopping, activities etc. 

I'm not sure how housing is, but you do have a mall just north of the base and movie theaters. Utah is a pretty reasonably priced state though. When do you PCS there?  

image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Options
    I live in ogden which is about 20 mins north of Hill. We dont care for it much. My husbang grew up in Salt Lake and liked it down there better. He is also active duty AF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"