Secondary IF

PCOS come in

I have PCOS an I had to do a lot of meds and IUI's to have my son. We want another soon... We have not been trying, but we ar enot preventing.. I still have not had my cycle since I had my son 6 months ago... WE want to activlty start in the fall... Would you go right back to meds and IUI's ????
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PCOS come in

• my OB put me on BCP when i finished EPing for DS (that's a lot of acronyms!). he said that the BCP "resets" your system and the first 3 months off are the best. i hadn't gotten my first PP period at the point that i started the BCP.

we met with the RE before we even stopped BCP to talk about a plan. after i went off BCP, i was ovulating on my own, so we tried for 3 cycles on our own. i noticed my LP was short, so we went back to the RE last month. 

i would make an appt to meet with the RE to discuss your situation.  good luck!

• CHI-06CHI-06 member
    My OB also told me BCP can help reset your cycle after pregnancy so I went on the mini pill for 2 cycles.  Then when I went off of it I still wasn't getting a period... I had planned to try on our own for awhile but it got frustrating so fast when I wasn't ovulating and getting a period which was the problem before too.  I gave up much faster and when back to the RE then.  We only tried on our own for about 2 months before meeting with the RE.  When we start trying for #3 now I will just go back to the RE.  I am not going back on the pill at all though...
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been thinking the same thing myself.  My son is just over 10 months old now and I've only had 2 cycles since he's been born. 

We are going to give it a little time, but I don't know if we will wait as long as we did before. 

I guess I hope that the medications won't be necessary!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"