Pennsylvania Babies

Ann Katherine Photography

I just spoke with her today about maternity pictures, but I"m a little concerned about the cost of the prints.  Anyone use her and buy prints?  How much, if you don't  mind me asking, did you spend on average?

Any other suggestions for someone cheaper but just as good?  I'd love to document this for hubby, but I don't want to put myself in the poorhouse doing it...

Thanks!

Re: Ann Katherine Photography

• I have no idea on hers in general but I know a lot of photogs charge outrageous fees for prints.  Will she give you her price list up front? I haven't seen much/any of his maternity work but I'd recommend Scott Church for his prices. He did great work with Jack and he's very reasonable - a session is $200 if you go to him (probably like $250 or $300 if he comes down this way) and you get the rights to all your pictures and he retouches some of them too. 
  • That fee includes the rights to the pics?  That's pretty sweet.  She gave me her price list up front and I about had a stroke.  There's no way I can justify spending $55 on an 8x10! 

I saw Scott Church's website and I was a little thrown off by some of his other work, but I'm glad to hear you liked his work with Jack. :)  That's a plus...!  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • I've also used Scott Church before - he does beautiful work and he's super affordable IMO (esp. since he gives you the CD of pics).  I used Kylene Krotzer (nestie KyandMatt) for my maternity pics and they turned out wonderfully... she and Matt were just here yesterday doing a session w/DS and those seemed like they're going to be incredible from what they showed me on their cameras.  You could check her website for info on pricing (which I'm really not sure of).
  • Oh, and as for Scott's maternity sessions - didn't one of our local bumpies use him for her maternity pics (I'm thinking it might have been ntnylizard)?  I'm not positive it's her, but I'm pretty sure someone has shared maternity pics done by Scott.
  • Excellent! Thanks for the response!  I'll have to give him a call.  I like the fact that he gives you a cd and the release so I can upload them to snapfish or similar and have a book made for hubby (and grandparents, of course!).

I messaged Kylene on the Nest board, and just on my way over to see if she responded! :)

• Yup, Scott did mine.  I linked to some of them in a post further down with his name as the title...

• yeah i contacted her for newborn pics and about puked. Absolutely ridiculous. needless to say, i passed on her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagentnylizard:

Yup, Scott did mine.  I linked to some of them in a post further down with his name as the title...

I love them!  Did you go to his studio, or did he come to you?  I'm not sure what I would do -- i think for the maternity shots, I'd probably go to his studio if I were to go with him.  The newborn ones, I'd definitely have him come here.

Did you feel awkward being nude in front of him?  That's my concern because one of the pics I'd like to do to surprise hubby is to wear his camo marine corps uniform top open over my belly and that's about it... I just don't know how I feel being naked infront of someone other than my hubby!

• I've gone to the studio for all my sessions with him.  But if you want some outdoor shots, he knows a ton of local locations he'll drive you to during the session for fields, woods, streams, industrial areas, etc.

I didn't feel uncomfortable with the nudity for the maternity shots, but then again I'd been to his studio for artistic nudes a few times before I got pregnant and did the maternity shoot Surprise  Heck, by the time my maternity shoot rolled around, my hubby wasn't even phased when Scott told me to drop my pants for a better shot.

But the first time I shot with him was a little intimidating, until I got there and we started working.  He and Sarah (his assistant) have this amazing ability to put you at ease and make you feel completely comfortable and beautiful. 

My first session, we started with the most "covering" get up, and worked down from there.  In an hour I was completely naked in front of relative strangers, and it felt like the most natural thing in the world, because the images were just so beautiful and exciting!

I think I've done four pre-prego shoots, one maternity shoot, one pre-holiday shoot with the baby and Scott is shooting DS' first birthday party next Saturday.  And he shot my SIL's wedding.  Obviously we're big fans.

• I just PMed you...
  • I looked into a major turnoff and in addition to her prices, the other major turnoff for me was that she would NOT give a dvd with rights.  Her argument was that she just couldn't bear to have her photos printed at a lesser quality (ie. Target) than what she could print.  There's no way I'm paying her prices.  Back to the drawing board :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"