3rd Trimester
Options

Can you French braid your own hair?

I just don't get how to do it.

My arms start to get so tired and I get annoyed.

Errrr!

Re: Can you French braid your own hair?

• Options
    i have a friend who can do her own in like a split second, without a mirror, i am always amazed at it.. i so cant do my own haha
  • Options
    I can. My mom never could do it so if I wanted it done I had to do it myself, but it took a lot of practice to get it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageViolet_McPurpleson:
    I can. My mom never could do it so if I wanted it done I had to do it myself, but it took a lot of practice to get it down.

Ha!  Same here.  I can still do it very easily - only because I spent half of my childhood practicing and practicing.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options

no way... it would be nice Huh?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can do it, but not fast. I was in the band and we had to keep our hair pulled back, so it was either do it on your own or wait for the "french braid line" waiting for the girls that could. LOL

Ella is finally here!
    Elizabeth Anne Born 08/18/10; 7lb. 4.5 oz; 20" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I grew up without a mom so I had no choice but to learn to do it to myself. Funny thing is, I am awful at doing to others but great on myself!
  • Options
    Yup I can! I taught myself when I was a kid after my mom pulled on my hair too many times. lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • Options
    yup.  I can do a single or double braid.  practice.
  • Options

imagesarahelizabeth624:
    yup.  I can do a single or double braid.  practice.

Me too! Just keep practicing. Try it with a mirror in front and behind you. If your arms get tired, the more practice, the less tired they will get.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    shakesshakes member
    yup! pp's are right. lots of practise! :)

• Options
    Yes, but only on my own hair. I can't do anyone elses for whatever reason! Odd, I know!
  • Options
    Yup. I actually can't use a mirror. I have to look away :P
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    It only took me about three crappy practice attempts to start doing it well. I taught myself to do it during class in high school, haha.
    We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, I taught myself how using my barbies growing up.  It did take some time to get, but once I had it down it was simple. 
  • Options

Yes I can. I practiced a LOT when I was growing up. Now it's a piece of cake!

• Options
    Yes...but it's not always pretty.  What a good choice of a hairstyle for labor!  Too bad my hair isn't long enough these days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No.. :( I totally wish I could though!
  • Options
    I can't even do someone else's.  I want to learn, b/c I have two daughters and I want to braid their hair.  I can't even make a regular braid look good on someone. 
  • Options
    I wish I could. My mom or sister always french braided my hair. My DH can do a normal braid for me, but not french.
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    I can.  It took a lot of practice.  I've been putting my hair that way a lot this summer since it's been so hot.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageVandRicky:
    I grew up without a mom so I had no choice but to learn to do it to myself. Funny thing is, I am awful at doing to others but great on myself!

This!  

• Options
    Yes.  It is easier to do when it is wet and I typically start halfway down because I get tired too!  It does always look better when someone else does it though!
  • Options
    Yes and the ladies are right - it takes a lot of practice. I used to do it all the time in high school for cheerleading practice but then didn't do it for years.  I tried it the other day and it's just like riding a bike. Once you learn, you never forget.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    I can, but it took me a while to figure it out. And my arms get sore/tired, too sometimes. I just try to make each section a little thicker so it's done faster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Options
    MSC03MSC03 member

Am I the only one who read the subject line and thought, "Why would you want to?"

Nobody's worn a french braid 'round these parts since the early/mid 90s... and I live in Ohio! Has this made some magical comeback?

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"