Military Families

Food Poisoning

I had food poisoning earlier this week. From an Arby's we ate at on Tuesday.

So, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, I'm sick- felt like I ate a gut bomb and it exploded halfway through my digestive tract. By morning it seemed to have run its course, so I get up, puke up my 8-cracker breakfast and water, and head to work. Because here, the MTF almost never gives me quarters when I'm sick; they tell me to go back to work and let my supervisor send me home.

I go into work, my boss sends me to sick call. Yayy. But guess what- the MTF here won't see preggos unil they're 20w!! I was barely 14w! So the nurse saw me anyway because I was so dehydrated and nauseous, and it took an hour- let me repeat, AN HOUR- for the PA to even see me to okay fluids and make sure the fetal heart rate was okay. (He and another PA were arguing over who wasn't going to see me, throwing a tantrum because I'm not 20w.) They gave me a liter of fluids and Phenergan in the IV, and that jacked me up so badly I had to have a co-worker drive me home. Funny that my pill phenergan doesn't do that to me.

I just can't believe that our MTF has such stingy, unprofessional PA's assigned. I'm at Moody AFB, btw, for anyone else here who may get sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Food Poisoning

• That sucks.  I'm sorry.  IV phenergan messes me up, too.  It makes me shake uncontrolably.  They had to give me benedryl to counteract it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"