Birth Stories

Spinal Headache ):

So, when I was in labor I got an epidural but he hit a nerv and my leg flinched so I ended up getting a spinal tap thingy [totally didnt take any pain away, just added to the pain] buuuut now I have a spinal headache..its so much better then when i was in the hospital and has been SLOWLY getting better, just wondering how long other peoples have lasted and what are some things you did that really helped it. I dont want to go in and get a blood patch because i KNOW that my body can heal itself I just need to know what to do lol. I layed flat for like 3 hours and that helped ALOT but I just want to know some more ideas =D thannnnksss <3

Re: Spinal Headache ):

• I've never had a blood patch, but I say get one. The spinal headache won't go away for a looooonnnggg time and  you have a baby to take care of. 

I had one in 5th grade and am terrified of another one. Mine lasted for a week and I couldn't get out of bed the whole time. I'll never forget that feeling. 

Had I known then that there was a way to fix it, I would have begged my parents to get it. I've head the patch fixes it super fast. I say get it! 

• I had this too.  It sucked.  I had two blood patches but I don't think they worked.  My headache was there for two weeks.

I'm sorry you have to go through this....it is awful.  It DOES get better!

Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"