Birth Stories

Brenden's birth story 6-29-2010

So I guess I need to give a bit of a background on how my pregnancy went in order for everyone to get why everything happened the way it did. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 29 weeks which is very risky to have if you haven't already heard. I had it for about 2 months but was put on bedrest at 29 weeks which my doctor tells me its amazing at how long I lasted considering normal preeclamptic mothers deliver within 2-3 weeks of being diagnosed but with HEAVY supervision, I was able to last. At 35w 4d I went to see my doctor and I gained 18lbs. from the last visit which was 4 days ago and my blood pressure wasn't going down like usual when I lay on my left side so that was it for me and my doctor sent me to the hospital to get started. My cervix wasn't thinned out or anything so I had to have medicine (a small pill every 4hrs.) to get that going before I had to pitocin. I did pretty good and the medicine brought me to 1cm but my blood pressure was still high so I had to have a magnesium drip which makes you very hot, uncomfortable and sick. I also didn't get any pain medicine to help me with the catheter or magnesium which sucked. At 4:30am I was at 2cm and they had to break my water with the amniotic hook so they could get internal monitors for my baby and contractions because he kept moving every 5 mins. which hurt like no other. It was the weirdest feeling ever when they broke my water because it felt like I just kept peeing myself for 20 minutes. I felt contractions but it didn't bother me like I thought it would, just like menstrual cramps all the time but I did great with them. By 8am I was at 4cm and they wanted to get my epidural in to speed everything up for me due to blood pressure and by 9:30am I had my epidural in and was feeling it. So all we did was wait and watch tv pretty much and by 3:00pm I was still at a 4cm so doctor told the nurses to get prepped for c-section and I started freaking out like no other. I didn't want it!!!! I took some gross medicine to keep me from throwing up and my nerves were high and I was shaking so bad and couldn't control it at all. By the time the doctor came from his office, it was time and he went straight to business and I felt the tugging and my muscles pulling and all the pressure but I didn't cry I just breathed and looked at the lights and everyone said I was doing great. Finally at 3:56pm, our son was born and I heard his cry and it was an amazing feeling of relief and then the anesthesiologist guy behind me shot some medicine into my IV epidural thing I'm guessing and I was OUT!! I can't remember anything but my husband said I was awake and talking and I even made the anesthesiologist guy laugh. I remember waking up in my room and saying, "ohhhh mommy that hurt like a ***!" and then going in and out of it. I was in the hospital for 6 days because of the preeclampsia but I wanted to go home by day 5. Brenden Parker was 6lbs. 9.6oz and 19.5inches long born on June 29th,2010 and he is currently still in NICU due to his lungs still being premature he caught something that they're trying to cure. He is amazing and I would do everything all over again for him and he is indescribable and I love him so much and I miss him. Altogether, I gained over 100lbs. most of it was retained water from the preeclampsia and as of the last day I was in the hospital I lost 42lbs. of that but I haven't weighed myself since.

Re: Brenden's birth story 6-29-2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"