Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

income for stay at home moms

I am currently trying to convince my husband that it would be best for me to stay at home with our baby girl and leave my current job.  He's almost sold on the idea, but I think it would really help matters if I could find a way to bring in just a little bit of extra cash to supplement.  For you stay at home moms, have any of you come up with great ways to earn a little extra cash?  Or know of any legit work from home businesses?

Re: income for stay at home moms

• I know some moms at church work in the church nursery and at the preschool at the church...
  • Most legit work from home jobs require that you devote a full 8 hour work day to the job - meaning you would still need childcare. There are no jobs that pay you to take care of your child and do laundry (too bad though, I'd love that job).

Most people who work from home made arrangements with their current job to transition to a home office. Then there are some hotels, home shopping channels, and florist services that pay people to take reservations/orders from home on a dedicated land line during specific hours of the day.

There are direct sales businesses (Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc). I've done it and made money doing it, but it is a lot of work. From my experience in direct sales, most people aren't willing to work that hard and get too easily discouraged to be successful. If you're willing to be told no a lot and you are teachable (too dumb to doubt, as they say), then you can work through the process and come out fairly successful on the other side.

Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about income for stay at home moms.  I just wanted to say "Sic Em Bears!"

My husband and I are both class of 2002. 

• ocmom4ocmom4 member
    If you are just looking for a little more extra cash... maybe help watch some other kids, maybe older kids before and after school? Or my neighbor sells Avon - she has everyone in the area buying from her.  Or if you know anyone that owns their own business, maybe you could do some clerical work from home?
  • You should check out being a consultant for Ambit Energy. It's direct sales, but it's legit - not shady like some companies. If you switch to their service (which is lower than most other electricity/gas companies) and sign up 15 friends, you get their average bill amount taken off yours. You can also make some extra money in the process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"