Multiples
Options

For those who EBF & have babies on solids...

If you EBF, how long did it take for you to notice a change in your milk supply once your babies started solids?  I realize that in the beginning, my girls will still rely heavily on my milk and the rice cereal and such isn't going to supply much of their daily food intake, so I'm wondering at what point you noticed yourself producing less because solids were taking the place of milk.

Thank you! 

Re: For those who EBF & have babies on solids...

• Options

I didn't notice too much of a difference...your body will slowly adjust to the change :) 

If it's one of your concerns you could always try and do every second meal or two meals in the day with breast milk first and then cereal and gradually do all meals with cereal first and then breast milk.

I'm trying to wean off the boys since I'm going back to work in mid-September, they're not crazy about formula so it's been hard, but we're doing lunchtime solely on formula and I plan on eventually doing the other meals when they start drinking a good amount of formula at lunch- I've been consistent since a month ago and my supply was just bigger at suppertime, but it hasn't hurt or anything and I've noticed it's been adjusting to it.

GL and congrats on making this far with BF :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i only work out of the home for a few hours, a few days a week - i pump 2x on those days and i have yet to notice a decrease in supply.  they eat a lot of solids (11 mos). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only been giving them solids for a few weeks and haven't noticed any difference. I BF them first though because most of their nutrition should come from breast milk. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"