3rd Trimester

Dog jumped on my 35 week belly!!

And I am panicked!! I mean he's done this before when I was 20 weeks but it never worried me b/c the baby was so small. He jumped on my belly last night and I panicked. I did feel the baby squirm a couple of times after (like five minutes after) but haven't felt it at all since that happened last night. So now I am up desperately trying to get LO to move. Logicially I know things are fine as many mums I am sure have 30 lb kids jumping on their bellies while preggo with baby number 2. 

Has this happened to anyone? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dog jumped on my 35 week belly!!

• Don't freak! My dog did the exact same thing when I was 36 weeks.   I was nervous just like you, but the baby is protected by so much fluid and other things that I am sure your LO is fine.  Drink lots of cold water quickly if you want to get him to move just so you have peace of mind.  I am sure he will move around shortly!
  • Yeah DS1 is 32 lbs and he's jumped on my belly, or collided with it.  No worries.  There's quite a bit of cushion in there even when they are bigger. 

When I am holding DS1 in my arms on my hips, he'll kind of jump in my arm and move DS2, and then DS2 will like try and kick him.  It's actually kind of funny if it wasn't so dang uncomfortable. 

My 12 pound dog also likes to jump in my lap and forgets that I have a belly.  

• Loading the player...
  • My 25lb dog sleeps on my stomach on a regular basis.  My 70lb dog has jumped up on me more than once.  There has never been a problem.  LO is moving less b/c he's running out of room, but I really wouldn't worry unless you have bleeding or something like that.  Give it a couple of hours.

My bigger concern with my dogs is they can't get away with this b/c the baby won't be protected much longer and the occasional jump up could be pretty bad! (once LO is born) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby baby
  • My 80-lb rottweiler has conked into my belly loads of times while saying hi. I have also had people run into it in crowds and stuff. It's pretty cushiony in there...I am sure baby's just fine!
  • Phew!! Thanks ladies! I drank water and felt LO move! PHEW! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think LO's are pretty safe in there! Don't worry Mama!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJaxon's Mommy:
    I think LO's are pretty safe in there! Don't worry Mama!
  • imageJaxon's Mommy:
  • imageJaxon's Mommy:
  • My dog (70 lb lab) did the same thing at 35 weeks. I called the doctor just to be sure, but they just told me to watch out for any spotting or bleeding, uterine tenderness, contracting or severe cramping. My LO is A-OK and I am sure yours will be too, but call your OB if it gives you peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"