Orange County Babies

Desperate! Need a good OB/GYN @ St. Judes (Fullerton)

Hi all,
I just had my first appointment with my OB/GYN today and I'm not happy with her.  She's inexperienced and didn't spend time to get to know me or explain to me how it would proceed in the follow-up meetings.  She didn't show any personality and was not able to counsel. All she did was to ask me a bunch of tests and whether I wanted to have them done.  The problem is that she belongs to a group of 6-9 docs!  Could anyone recommend an OB/GYN they've had good experience with affliated with St Judes in Fullerton?  Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Desperate! Need a good OB/GYN @ St. Judes (Fullerton)

• I just started seeing Dr. Brian Gray and I have been very impressed so far. He was recommended to me by 2 of my friends who think he is wonderful! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • I used Dr. F.W. (Frederick) Dieterich this time around and was beyond pleased.  It's just him in his office (and a midwife who is there one day per week), so if you like the big group thing then he's definitely not for you. He's in Placentia right next to Placentia Linda Hospital. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw Dr. Robyn Lawton and LOVED her and her staff! Not sure if she is taking new patients, but its worth a shot! She is also just her in her practice just so you know...good luck!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all for giving such valuable feedback! Steph196 - You?re lucky you had two friends who could refer you to a good doctor! I googled Dr. Gray and he?s part of the same group with this doctor I saw that I don?t like. I wonder if it?d be awkward to switch to him. Nickgee- Is Dr. Dieterich affiliated with St. Jude?s? Zeesbride ? I had read good reviews about Dr. Lawton online too! I wonder if you can develop a more personal relationship with the OB/GYN when it?s only one or two physicians in the practice?
  • imagemet0516:
    Nickgee- Is Dr. Dieterich affiliated with St. Jude?s? Zeesbride ? I had read good reviews about Dr. Lawton online too! I wonder if you can develop a more personal relationship with the OB/GYN when it?s only one or two physicians in the practice?

Yes, he only works out of St. Jude as they don't do maternity at PL any longer.  My two cents is that yes you can develop a more personal relationship with them if you're only seeing them and not seeing multiple docs.  Best of luck!

• imagemet0516:
    Thank you all for giving such valuable feedback!Steph196 - You?re lucky you had two friends who could refer you to a good doctor! I googled Dr. Gray and he?s part of the same group with this doctor I saw that I don?t like. I wonder if it?d be awkward to switch to him. Nickgee- Is Dr. Dieterich affiliated with St. Jude?s?Zeesbride ? I had read good reviews about Dr. Lawton online too! I wonder if you can develop a more personal relationship with the OB/GYN when it?s only one or two physicians in the practice?

I would say yes you can. I saw these ladies ( Dr+all of her staff) more than some of my family during my pregnancy. It was truly sad to not be seeing them bi-weekly as I did for nearly 12 weeks....lol I think that they got to know me and my specific issues and helped me make the best decisions regarding my pregnancy. Good Luck with your search! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have Dr. Vivian Lin..loved her! She was always calm & answered all my questions! ..Evan was my first..

• Hi Steph196!
    Do you know if he delivered your friends' babies?  I'm now not sure if I'd rather stay in a larger practice or find someone who is a sole practice.  Is that even a problem at all? Did Dr. Gray explain this to you? 

I'm not really asking much, but just a caring doctor whom I can feel comfortable with and whose expertise I can rely on!  Thanks!

• I know several people that have used Dr Brian Gray. I go to his brother Dr Brent Gray in Whittier. Everyone I know has loved Dr Gray. he did my friend's c-section and that wasn't her doctor. He was on call that night for that practice. My friends have liked the other doctors as well. I think one is named Buchanon??
  • Thanks, JustCort! I am really leaning towards him as other mom's have mentioned him and I've found a few positive things about him online!  Thanks so much for sharing your opinion with me! It's so valuable to me.
  • He delivered one of their babies, and Dr. Borsari (who is great as well) delivered the other. The second one was very pleased with the other doctor and she said that toward the end of her pregnancy, they introduced her to other doctors in case Dr. Gray wasn't on call that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"