Multiples
Options

where should the twins sleep?

My husband and I are still in college so we will be living in student housing when the babies are born. It's a small apartment so we won't have a nursery or much room to have cribs. I was thinking about getting the graco pack n play with the two bassinets in the top but I've read mixed reviews about the quality. Anyone have advice on how and in what the babies should sleep? And if you have a suggestion, how long it will be before they will outgrow it and need something bigger? Thanks!
imageimageimageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker wwww.thesojournersheart.blogspot.com

Re: where should the twins sleep?

• Options
    Eventually you'll need two cribs. I know some people have their LOs sleep in PnPs for the first 6 months or so and I guess you maybe *could* make it work until 15-18m and then go to toddler beds/mattress on the floor but that's not ideal. You could consider mini cribs for the space concern but I don't think they meet the same safety standards as regular cribs (though these days that doesn't seem to mean much!).
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

I would get one regular Pack N Play and 2 Fisher Price Rock & Play sleepers to start with.

What school do you go to? GA State?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the tips.

And yes, we do go to Georgia State. We're both supposed to graduate next May...haha, and then we got preggers with twins :)

imageimageimageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker wwww.thesojournersheart.blogspot.com
  • Options
    You could also consider getting an Arm's Reach Original Cosleeper. Most PnPs only go to 15 lbs in the bassinet position (30 when the mattress is on the bottom of the PnP). The Cosleeper is 40" x 28" x 31" and has a weight limit of 30 lbs. in the co-sleeping position and 50 lbs. when used as a playard, so it can last longer for twins than a regular PnP would. https://www.armsreach.com/pages/shop-pv-c10-2.html
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

I suppose that would work for the first few months. I don't know the weight limit but when they start rolling you would have to get something bigger.

What about 2 mini cribs?

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    None of my babies would sleep in a pack and play. Our DD slept in her swing for about 3 months before we moved her into her crib.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"